D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Mergon

First Post
ForgeAnvil:

Is there anyway on the custom tab to put in a drop downs for skills, tools, and languages so the appropriate number of those items show up in calculations for those items.

Right now if I add a custom background or race, number of skills, languages, and tools show up in red.

In addition, can you add drops downs for swim and fly speeds.

I found those skill, tools, and languages drop downs <duh> . . . :blush:

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgeAnvil:

Is there anyway on the custom tab to put in a drop downs for skills, tools, and languages so the appropriate number of those items show up in calculations for those items.

Right now if I add a custom background or race, number of skills, languages, and tools show up in red.

In addition, can you add drops downs for swim and fly speeds.

I found those skill, tools, and languages drop downs <duh> . . . :blush:

Nice one, for fly and swim, I would add these in the traits sections, you can add multiple lines also by press ALT+Enter at the end of the first line of text

lucidobservor

First Post
ForgedAnvil,

Thank you for making such a wonderful generator! I have a few feature requests (I came to file a bug report, but found you'd already noted it as fixed for 1.55). I apologize if any have been previously suggested, as I have not read the more than a few previous pages of this thread. None are terribly high priority, just suggestions.

Feature Request: When you select equipment from the drop down menu on Character Sheet II, it would be nice if the generator would auto-fill the weight of the item (multiplied by the number in the Quantity column, if it exists).

Feature request: In the Custom tab, it would be very nice to be able to auto-fill the editable fields of a custom race/background/etc. with an existing one. This would allow the generator to gracefully handle something like, "I want my background to be X, except with one language and a tool proficiency instead of two languages."

Feature request: It has been suggested that you implement a way to do custom classes. This would, naturally, be an absurd amount of work. A possibly easier alternative would be to implement custom class archetypes. The oath/domain spells for paladin/cleric might be a bit tricky, but apart from that, it should mostly be a matter of selecting a class, and having 3-4 sections in which the user can input the features gained at the listed level. It doesn't sound easy, but it sounds a hell of a lot easier than custom classes, and provides quite a lot of customization options.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
v1.55 Preview B - Druid Wild Shape Sheet

Below is a preview of the initial Druid Wild Shape Sheet. One of the awesome things about the tool is everything is linked - race, classes, spell sheet, companions etc. one thing that was missing was the Druid Wild Shape details. This sheet is almost complete which enables selection of all Druid Wild Shape options and links exceptionally well with the rest of the tool. There will be options up to 4 Wild Shape forms and links directly with your character stats, skills, feats etc. Comments are very much appreciated and welcomed

Any fans of Druids, sound off!

Coming along nicely, still a fair bit of work to go

DruidWildshapeSheet.png

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Version 1.55 Released

Download here - ForgedAnvil 5E Character Generator

Updates in this release:
- Fixed bug that caused net, bolas etc. to use Str instead of Dex
- Fixed bug that caused Spell Attacks overrides to not work correctly
- Corrected Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer Hit Points gained per level as 1 in the detail section. Though it correctly calculated in Character Sheet I
- Corrected Monk KI save DC calculation
- NEW FEATURE Wild Shape sheet, try it out! Contains all Wild Shape possibilities from the MM, auto links with your Character stats, etc.
- Added underwater properties to weapons that can be used underwater
- Added Japanese translations (Beta)
- Updated translations sheet with Japanese and new translations for Character Sheet II, III
- Various bug fixes, spelling corrections and tool enhancements

Use the ForgedAnvil Character Transfer Tool to transfer your current Character to the new version

Let me know if you find issues, enjoy!

Last edited:

Mergon

First Post
ForgedAnvil:

Not sure if you intended for this, but on the 1.55 version of your sheet 2 of the 3 custom races are already filled in. The races are Warforged & Minataur.

Also on the custom tab you have one of the spell spots filled in with Frost Nova.

Also on the Custom tab, under Race #3, you have a formula in the Trait #1 spot.

You also have B background filled in: Enforcer & Bounty Hunter.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil:

Not sure if you intended for this, but on the 1.55 version of your sheet 2 of the 3 custom races are already filled in. The races are Warforged & Minataur.

Also on the custom tab you have one of the spell spots filled in with Frost Nova.

Also on the Custom tab, under Race #3, you have a formula in the Trait #1 spot.

You also have B background filled in: Enforcer & Bounty Hunter.

Ahh, these are from the Example Character Zenith. To remove them just check the RESET CUSTOM Option and reset the file (CTRL+SHIFT+S) and it will clear it - alternatively use the Character transfer tool and it should clear it also.

Mergon

First Post
Ahh, these are from the Example Character Zenith. To remove them just check the RESET CUSTOM Option and reset the file (CTRL+SHIFT+S) and it will clear it - alternatively use the Character transfer tool and it should clear it also.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Reset feature.

Remove ads