D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

Mergon

First Post
Feature Request:

This is related to the warlock. Would it be possible to add a separate set of spell slot boxes for the warlock please. One of these boxes would show the casting level of you pact spell slots, the second would be the number of pact spell slots, and the third would be on the appropriate tabs for pact spell slots used.

This is most useful when keeping tract of pact spells slots for multi-classed warlock who have other classes with spell slots. It would help with tracking which spell slots you get back at the end of a short rest.

Mergon

First Post
Is there anyplace special to track the temporary hit points granted you specifically from the Wizard's Abjuration Ward? Or is it just lumped in with Temporary hit points from other sources?

Also, is there any chance you could enable Comments? Several of my group, including myself, play using a laptop. Comments would allow us to add extra information for item descriptions, notes for contacts, etc. This would allow us to conserve space from these notes.

Examples of what this would allow us to do is item descriptions and information concerning npc's, enemies, contacts, etc.

Last edited:

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Feature Request:

This is related to the warlock. Would it be possible to add a separate set of spell slot boxes for the warlock please. One of these boxes would show the casting level of you pact spell slots, the second would be the number of pact spell slots, and the third would be on the appropriate tabs for pact spell slots used.

This is most useful when keeping tract of pact spells slots for multi-classed warlock who have other classes with spell slots. It would help with tracking which spell slots you get back at the end of a short rest.

When you multiclass, spellcasting and pact magic are a little different. See p. 164/165 in the PH

"If you have both the Spellcasting class feature and the Pact Magic class feature from the warlock class, you can use the spell slots you gain from the Pact Magic feature to cast spells you know or have prepared from classes with the Spellcasting class feature, and you can use the spell slots you gain from the Spellcasting class feature to cast warlock spells you know."

The total spell slots in the tool should sum your pact magic and your spellcaster slots. Note the multiclass spellcasting table on p 165

Last edited:

Mergon

First Post
When you multiclass the spellcasting and pact magic are a little different. See p. 164/165 in the PH

"If you have both the Spellcasting class feature and the Pact Magic class feature from the warlock class, you can use the spell slots you gain from the Pact Magic feature to cast spells you know or have prepared from classes with the Spellcasting class feature, and you can use the spell slots you gain from the Spellcasting class feature to cast warlock spells you know."

The total spell slots in the tool should sum your pact magic and your spellcaster slots. Note the multiclass spellcasting table on p 165

You are right, but only your Pact spell slots can be recovered following a short rest. Also, your pact slots are always rated as your highest spell level (ie: at 5th level your pact spell slots are 3rd level and any spells cast using them are cast at that level).

"The table also shows what the level of those slots is; all
of your spell slots are the same level."

also

"Pact Magic. If you have both the Spellcasting class
feature and the Pact Magic class feature from the warlock
class, you can use the spell slots you gain from the Pact
Magic feature to cast spells you know or have prepared
from classes with the Spellcasting class feature, and you
can use the spell slots you gain from the Spellcasting
class feature to cast w arlock spells you know."

In addition, according to the following source:

community.wizards.com/forum/rules-questions/threads/4130691[

"You always want to track your Pact Magic slots and Spellcasting slots seperately, as they are seperate. If you cast Cure Wounds using your 2nd-level Pact Magic slot, note it. If you used it with a 2nd-level (assuming you're high enough level) Spellcasting slot, note it there. Let's say you were a Warlock 4/Paladin 3. You'd have 3 1st-level Spellcasting slots and 2 up to 2nd-level Pact Magic slots. Once you use a Spellcasting slot you'll need to finish a long rest (Unless you have Arcane or Natural Recovery) to recover those slots used. Any Pact Magic slots used will recover after a short or long rest."

My apologies for maybe seem pushy. :)

I an my players will be starting a new 5th edition campaign this coming Tuesday, Elemental Evil, and they are currently building their characters. Some are using your sheet, the others are using MadBeard's sheet because they are using Homebrewed classes.

Thanks again.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
You are right, but only your Pact spell slots can be recovered following a short rest. Also, your pact slots are always rated as your highest spell level (ie: at 5th level your pact spell slots are 3rd level and any spells cast using them are cast at that level).

"The table also shows what the level of those slots is; all
of your spell slots are the same level."

also

"Pact Magic. If you have both the Spellcasting class
feature and the Pact Magic class feature from the warlock
class, you can use the spell slots you gain from the Pact
Magic feature to cast spells you know or have prepared
from classes with the Spellcasting class feature, and you
can use the spell slots you gain from the Spellcasting
class feature to cast w arlock spells you know."

In addition, according to the following source:

community.wizards.com/forum/rules-questions/threads/4130691[

"You always want to track your Pact Magic slots and Spellcasting slots seperately, as they are seperate. If you cast Cure Wounds using your 2nd-level Pact Magic slot, note it. If you used it with a 2nd-level (assuming you're high enough level) Spellcasting slot, note it there. Let's say you were a Warlock 4/Paladin 3. You'd have 3 1st-level Spellcasting slots and 2 up to 2nd-level Pact Magic slots. Once you use a Spellcasting slot you'll need to finish a long rest (Unless you have Arcane or Natural Recovery) to recover those slots used. Any Pact Magic slots used will recover after a short or long rest."

My apologies for maybe seem pushy. :)

I an my players will be starting a new 5th edition campaign this coming Tuesday, Elemental Evil, and they are currently building their characters. Some are using your sheet, the others are using MadBeard's sheet because they are using Homebrewed classes.

Thanks again.

Got you now, good to read and get a better understanding. I'm thinking of an easy way to implement this as there is very little room in Character Sheet III left to include this. Let me think about it...

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Is there anyplace special to track the temporary hit points granted you specifically from the Wizard's Abjuration Ward? Or is it just lumped in with Temporary hit points from other sources?

Also, is there any chance you could enable Comments? Several of my group, including myself, play using a laptop. Comments would allow us to add extra information for item descriptions, notes for contacts, etc. This would allow us to conserve space from these notes.

Examples of what this would allow us to do is item descriptions and information concerning npc's, enemies, contacts, etc.

I'd use the temp HP to track all Temp HPs independent of source.

The are a few things to consider with enabling comments:
1. There is no specific enable comments only option in Excel, the option is to enable editing objects which also enables images to become selectable, movable and editable which can be annoying for touch users.
2. When using the transfer tool, comments do not copy over to the latest version.

There are a few alternative options:

1. Add another sheet with these details designed as you wish that is fully editable. When transferring to a new version just copy the sheet to the new version.
2. Use Character Sheet V for additional notes (copy this sheet as many times as you like). When transferring to a new versions, additional sheets will need to be copied over.

Remove ads