D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

flwad

Explorer
Any thought of adding Passive Investigation (Similar to Passive Perception)? My GM uses it and I have to refer to one of the other Character Sheets for it. Otherwise, you have anticipated /responded to all reasonable requests in an unbelievable way. Please keep up the good work.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Thanks a lot for this amazing tool.
I would like to know where should I enter the armor class modifiers for ring of protection or bracers of defense, in the "other armor" bonus cell or the "armor" bonus cell (on the top of the armor column)?

Why does these two armor bonuses are limited to between 0 to +3?
As far as I am familiar with, magical armors and shields can reach up to +5, bracers of defence can reach +8 and cursed armors with negative modifiers can be used as well.

I'd put the ring adjustments into the "other armor" and you can use the bracers of defense in the armor section using overrides as none and adjusting (If you wear these bracers, you gain a +2 bonus to AC if you are wearing no armor and using no shield). Most weapons, armor etc. are limited to +3 (legendary) though you can enter any value you like even negative values - just type the value in

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Any thought of adding Passive Investigation (Similar to Passive Perception)? My GM uses it and I have to refer to one of the other Character Sheets for it. Otherwise, you have anticipated /responded to all reasonable requests in an unbelievable way. Please keep up the good work.

No thoughts to add it, something that is not used commonly and you would normally ask the DM to investigate something (hence a roll would be required, if you repeatedly investigate passive investigation represents the average result)

From the PH p175

A passive check is a special kind of ability check that doesn't involve any die rolls. Such a check can represent the average result for a task done repeatedly, to determine a character's total for a passive check: 10 + all modifiers that normally apply to the check If the character has advantage on the check, add 5. For disadvantage, subtract 5. The game refers to a passive check total as a score.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Translations v1.56 - Hebrew First Look

Character Sheet I Hebrew.png

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
New Feature in v1.56 - Filtering Spells in Character Sheet III

Once v1.56 is released you will be able to go to Character Sheet III and follow the details below, have fun!

Filtering Spells.png

Mergon

First Post
ForgeAnvil:

A requested feature for 1.56 or later. On the Character sheet II, any chance of changing the fields for the Location column to drop downs? This drop down would provide a list of containers and body slots. ie: neck, waist, body, backpack, pouch, component pouch, haversack, bag of holding, etc.

Btw, is your Beta 1.02 available for downloading anywhere.

This would be strictly a matter of convenience, so would not be a rush matter. It might be of use later on for further builder features though. :)

brooksgbanks

Explorer
ForgedAnvil,

First off, let me say that your sheet design is fantastic. As someone who's built many excel based character sheets myself (including working on SpellForge, the spellsheet offshoot of HeroForge) for many different game systems as well as modifying and updating many others for my specific needs, the hardest part for me was always building the actual character sheet design. Making it functional, fully utilizing all the available print/screen space, and making it visually appealing is no small feat (especially working within excel).

Add to that the actual formulations and (I assume, since the file is an .xlsm file) background macro functionality and the fact that the sheet is responsive and cross-platform capable (memories of the last years of HeroForge and the size/performance hit, even after my own rewriting of many of the macros to reduce lines and improve performance) makes it even more impressive.

I was initially going to ask if there's any way to get an unlocked version (or the password to unlock it myself), but I found previous posts through searching that seem to indicate you aren't willing to entertain either option. I totally understand, and don't fault you for it at all. I had hoped to be able to muck with the various tables and lists to modify it to work with a new campaign I'm starting with some tweaked races in it (and to remove any races that aren't available from the drop-down selections), but since the home-brew races can be added via custom, and skipping past the non-used ones isn't a major deal, I can work within the custom offerings.

I do have one issue that I can't see any way around, and that's languages. I see that you made the language data validation cells not list-exclusive, so that manual typing will work, but I really was hoping to simply modify the back-end lists themselves. It's a minor thing, really, but I'm a bit OCD like that.

Regardless, this sheet is an amazing piece of work. Thanks so very much for taking the immense amount of time working on it must involve (knowing how much time I've spent involved in such things myself), and then sharing your work with the world.

brooksgbanks

Explorer
ForgedAnvil,

While I was playing around with the Custom Races, I noticed a few things. 1- For Custom Races, it doesn't include Speed/Size/Vision as part of the Race details on the "Start" tab, but it does for all of the pre-configured races. 2- When setting up the 3rd Custom Race (I left the other two there to sort of provide guidance), I notice that there isn't a way to denote "+1 to two other stats" so that it shows up in the Race Details, like it does for Half-Elf. 3- If you have a defined stat bonus (let's say +2 to Strength) and then you have a variable stat bonus (let's say +1 to one other stat), in the Race Details where it stat bonus bullet, it lists the defined stat bonus and then puts a comma behind it and nothing else. But, looking at the 2nd Custom Race you already input (Minotaur), it has a defined bonus (Str) and then a variable bonus (str/con/int), but it doesn't put a comma after the +1 Str in the Race Details section.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgeAnvil:

A requested feature for 1.56 or later. On the Character sheet II, any chance of changing the fields for the Location column to drop downs? This drop down would provide a list of containers and body slots. ie: neck, waist, body, backpack, pouch, component pouch, haversack, bag of holding, etc.

Btw, is your Beta 1.02 available for downloading anywhere.

This would be strictly a matter of convenience, so would not be a rush matter. It might be of use later on for further builder features though. :)

Thanks for the feedback and ideas

The drop down locations shouldn't be an issue, I'll look to implement in 1.56. As for 1.02 beta, no idea why that is but ignore it - I only upload here.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
ForgedAnvil,

First off, let me say that your sheet design is fantastic. As someone who's built many excel based character sheets myself (including working on SpellForge, the spellsheet offshoot of HeroForge) for many different game systems as well as modifying and updating many others for my specific needs, the hardest part for me was always building the actual character sheet design. Making it functional, fully utilizing all the available print/screen space, and making it visually appealing is no small feat (especially working within excel).

Add to that the actual formulations and (I assume, since the file is an .xlsm file) background macro functionality and the fact that the sheet is responsive and cross-platform capable (memories of the last years of HeroForge and the size/performance hit, even after my own rewriting of many of the macros to reduce lines and improve performance) makes it even more impressive.

I was initially going to ask if there's any way to get an unlocked version (or the password to unlock it myself), but I found previous posts through searching that seem to indicate you aren't willing to entertain either option. I totally understand, and don't fault you for it at all. I had hoped to be able to muck with the various tables and lists to modify it to work with a new campaign I'm starting with some tweaked races in it (and to remove any races that aren't available from the drop-down selections), but since the home-brew races can be added via custom, and skipping past the non-used ones isn't a major deal, I can work within the custom offerings.

I do have one issue that I can't see any way around, and that's languages. I see that you made the language data validation cells not list-exclusive, so that manual typing will work, but I really was hoping to simply modify the back-end lists themselves. It's a minor thing, really, but I'm a bit OCD like that.

Regardless, this sheet is an amazing piece of work. Thanks so very much for taking the immense amount of time working on it must involve (knowing how much time I've spent involved in such things myself), and then sharing your work with the world.

Glad you're enjoying using the tool, you're right there are many challenges in design and implementation of the tool. :)

For languages, it was designed to be open so that any value can be entered as you've noted. To enhance the tool, a section in the Custom sheet could be designed for additional languages that can be added to the selection list.

Remove ads