• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E ForgedAnvil D&D 5E Character Generator

4d6

Explorer
[BUG] Generating a new character with the v163 download, I seem to be proficient with all arms and armor, regardless of which class I select.

thebrownjumper

Villager
Great to hear you are getting a lot of value using the tool. With the Paladin (and other classes that get "domain" spells that are always prepared), the total number of prepared spells include the Oath spells. Oath spells will be shown below each spell level list and inform the user to select these and how many are remaining, it does not automatically check the prepared check box cell. So yes, the drop down "dot" actually applies for oath spells in this case and the character must always have the oath spells prepared.

Thank you for clearing up how this works in the spreadsheet. The wording in the PHB is clear and I now see you have added the OATH spells to my daily allowance, given my 3rd level Paladin, i.e. 4 + 2 OATH = 6 listed.

Appreciate the guiding hand here and the nudge (please use all force necessary) to understand the mechanics better (I am a newbie).

Donation for refreshments on its way!

Mark Small

Villager
Love it!
Did notice a couple minor bugs. When I created a Rogue/Arcane Trickster I notice two problems with the spells.
The first is the first cantrip default is Minor Illusion instead of Mage Hand.
The second is with the spell selection. Only the first two spells of a spell level should have school restrictions; after that any Wizard spell should be available.
Both issues are easily overridden by just typing the prefered spell name, but looking forward to the next revision all the same. :)

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Love it!
Did notice a couple minor bugs. When I created a Rogue/Arcane Trickster I notice two problems with the spells.
The first is the first cantrip default is Minor Illusion instead of Mage Hand.
The second is with the spell selection. Only the first two spells of a spell level should have school restrictions; after that any Wizard spell should be available.
Both issues are easily overridden by just typing the prefered spell name, but looking forward to the next revision all the same. :)

Thanks for the feedback!

For the cantrip, What race and subrace is your character? I can't replicate this issue, I see all Wizard cantrips in the list

For the spell selection, the Arcane Trickster can select spells outside Enchantment and Illusion at 3rd, 8th, 14th and 20th level. These are highlighted and selected in Class Features section of the Spellcasting sheet. Once selected these spells will appear in the spell lists

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
[BUG] Generating a new character with the v163 download, I seem to be proficient with all arms and armor, regardless of which class I select.

Thanks for the feedback, will need more information to troubleshoot this bug

1. What race and subrace is selected?
2. What classes and subclasses have been tried?
3. Any feats selected?

4d6

Explorer
Bug with all arms & armor proficiemcies.

I noticed it with every 1st level character. The last one I made was a forest gnome wizard with no feats. The first time I noticed was with a half elf bard, first level, with no feats. I was able to equip any heavy armor, shield, and martial weapon, and they're all proficient. I'm not doing any oddball things. Previous versions would correctly show the non-proficiency.

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Bug with all arms & armor proficiemcies.

I noticed it with every 1st level character. The last one I made was a forest gnome wizard with no feats. The first time I noticed was with a half elf bard, first level, with no feats. I was able to equip any heavy armor, shield, and martial weapon, and they're all proficient. I'm not doing any oddball things. Previous versions would correctly show the non-proficiency.

Thanks, I've found the issue from your additional detail, bug fixed in 1.64. I may release v1.64 early as it is quite a significant bug

Mark Small

Villager
For the cantrip, What race and subrace is your character? I can't replicate this issue, I see all Wizard cantrips in the list
Gnome, forest. I see all the cantrips starting with the second cantrip slot; the first slot only has the Minor Illusion as an option. Mage Hand is a required cantrip so I had figured you meant that to be the only option for the first.

Mark Small

Villager
For the spell selection, the Arcane Trickster can select spells outside Enchantment and Illusion at 3rd, 8th, 14th and 20th level. These are highlighted and selected in Class Features section of the Spellcasting sheet. Once selected these spells will appear in the spell lists
Totally missed that, but, damn, you pack that much awesomeness into one spreadsheet we're bound to miss something, right?

ForgedAnvil

Explorer
Gnome, forest. I see all the cantrips starting with the second cantrip slot; the first slot only has the Minor Illusion as an option. Mage Hand is a required cantrip so I had figured you meant that to be the only option for the first.

The first slot is designated for the Forest Gnome subrace, they receive minor illusion cantrip as a feature. (it should display Forest Gnome beside the first cantrip cell)

Remove ads