Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The Big Island hotel (as opposed to the Ouha one) had no internet access. :( as of around 1 last night I am home safe and sound and totally jetlagged, and I'll hopefully update the pbps later today when my brain and body come to an understanding on what time it is and whether I should be asleep.

So be nice or no Diamond Head pictures for you! :p

Kahuna Burger

First Post
As rurik and brother E move in to demolish the closest zombie, Nodisagain begins his concentrations. Atrax moves up between the two frontline fighters, ready to heal either of them, and forming a line in front of the "spellcaster". The undead begin moving forward, but luckily, the first few to reach the group can't hit the broad side of a dwarf. (no hits from the foes this round.)

Attachments

• fort undead2.JPG
    fort undead2.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 84

Someone

Adventurer
Nodis, 15/15 hp, 7/10 PPs.

Nodis´s construct appears again near Rurik, ready to help the dwarf and absorb the undead´s attacks. The young psion meanwhile makes a brief pause to calm himself, but starts concentrating again soon.

[ooc: if at Nodis´turn the skeleton at a4(a) is still alive, er... moving, the construct appears at a4(b) and attacks; if not, it will appear at b4(b), or any place that could grant ad advantage to Rurik or Eusebius; it´s basically the same strategy as used in the previous battle (the Astral construct´s range is 30 feet). I´ll use the Delay action with Nodis to move him to the top of the initiative count next round, so I have to use less conditionals in my posts.

Astral construct I: Small Construct
Hit Dice: 1d10+10 (15 hp) Initiative:+2 Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares) Armor Class: 18 (+2 Dex, +5 natural, +1 size), touch 13, flatfooted 16 Base Attack/Grapple: +2/–1 Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d4+3) Full Attack: Slam +3 melee (1d6+3) Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft. Special Attacks: Trip Special Qualities: construct traits, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0 Abilities: Str 15, Dex 15, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 10 Skills — Feats:—

If the construct hits an enemy, it can make a free trip attack (with a total of a -2 modifier) If he fails the enemy can´t trip the construct in return.

Edit: I forgot the attacks: hits AC 11, 13 if flanking, deals 5 bludgeoning damage, trip total is a magnificient 0. Rolls here]

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
OOC:
Hmm - assuming that that's Eusebius at A3b (I didn't move him there, and the dot seems to be black rather than blue, but everyone else is represented so I guess that's him), he will attack the skeleton at A4a, while maintaining his dodge bonus against the zombie at B4d.

Attack = 18; Damage = 13
Here are the rolls

AC against skeleton = 15
AC against zombie = 16

Eusebius sizes up his two immediate opponents and decides to attack the skeleton on his right, while trying to stay out of the way of the slower-moving zombie. He thrusts fiercely with the magic dagger, which hums loudly as it comes in contact with the bony monster. It carves through ribs and pelvis, stirring a cloud of dust from the disintegrating bone. As the dust clears he sees ...

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik: 40/40 HP, AC 18, +10/d10+7(x3)

[I'm the red dot, correct?]

Rurik, glancing briefly at the number of undead to his right, decides that the better part of saving his friends is, well, finishing the job that's in front of ye.

With a mighty swing, Rurik attacks the (skeleton?) in front of him...

Attack roll - Round 2 (1d20+10=12, 1d10+7=9)

...and probably comes up empty. :)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
ok, sorry for my confusion on where to put people. just to clarify, the red circle beside the wagon is rurik. (rurik = r = red), the blue circle is brother e (brother = b = blue though your right it looks black at that size in a black border.... how bout now?), Artax is hunter green (ranger = hunter) and nodis is light green (because, um, I was out of connections I could remember and it stood out as distinctive... :eek: ). The astral construct is pink because a childhood reading mavel comics trained me to think of psychic energy as pink. This ends the journey through that labyrinth of free association I laughingly call my mind. :p

Rurik swings at the skell but misses. Brother E on the other hand nicely explodes his. Nodis's construct appears flanking with rurik (because you mentioned him specifly and the bludgening damage works best on skells not zoms) and with his help damages the undead, but does not quite destroy it.

Skeletons swiftly surround the construct, but as it turns out can't hit ectoplasm for ****. The construct remains unscathed. Sadly not so brother E, who easily dodges the blow of his first foe but takes a staggaring hit from another zombie lumbering into the space vacated by the exploding skeleton. (-11 hp) Luckily artax is ready on his other side and activates the wand, filling the monk with a warm glow of wellness. (+8 hp)

The undead continue to converge on the group, and an imaginary dwarven cheering section begins chanting "go rurik!" *clap clap* "cleave skells!" *clap clap*

Attachments

• fort undead3.JPG
    fort undead3.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 80

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads