Fort Knocks - knight otu judging

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik's spot check (1d20+0=17)

Rurik prepares to camp, indeed well satisfied with the progress of the trip. Tying the reins of his horse to a nearby tree, Rurik sets out his pack.

"Been a long time since I camp't outside all proper-like... Pr'haps I ought ter 'elp make a fire an' stan' a guard watch ter'nite," he says to no one in particular.

And with that he gets to work, seemingly relishing the chance to do so. Lacking a shovel (but making a mental note to find one if he can), he searches for the next best thing from the jumble of equipment that resides in his pack.

Deciding on the miner's pick, Rurik proceeds to fashion a rough, circular depression in the ground about 2 feet in radius and 8 inches deep. Gathering nearby stones, he uses his innate skill with the material to fashion them into a circular wall around the periphery of the fire pit.

"Arr, me boyo Sturm might objec', but 'tis service'ble. S'ere any'un what would want ter 'elp wi' firewood?"

Someone

Adventurer
dpdx said:
"Arr, me boyo Sturm might objec', but 'tis service'ble. S'ere any'un what would want ter 'elp wi' firewood?"

Nodis sits next to the firepit, eyes fixed on it and his tongue sticking out a little in a grimace of concentration. A minute later, some logs agglutinates from... something.

"Ohhh, now I have a headache" says "Ok, they´ll last a couple hours. It´s great at home, when you don´t want to take care of the ashes."

(OOC: manifesting Psionic Minor Creation, using Overchannel and Talented to spend the psionic focus and boost the manifester level by 1. That makes 2 cubic feet of dry wood that last two hours. Get the focus back as soon as possible. Current power points 3/5)

Boddynock

First Post
Someone said:
Nodis sits next to the firepit, eyes fixed on it and his tongue sticking out a little in a grimace of concentration. A minute later, some logs agglutinates from... something.

"Ohhh, now I have a headache" says "Ok, they´ll last a couple hours. It´s great at home, when you don´t want to take care of the ashes."
"Ah, now, that's a very handy gift you have. And you achieve that end just by concentrating on it? What wonders the world contains!"

"As to that headache, perhaps some massage might help alleviate that. May I?" If Nodis says yes, Eusebius rubs his neck and shoulders. "I am not very good at this, but some of my brethren work wonders with their hands."

OOC: Heal check, untrained: 1d20+3 = 22

"There, is that better?"

"Now, since you say that lumber will last for two hours, perhaps I will gather some more by more conventional means, so that you do not have to expend your energies again in the middle of the night." With that, Eusebius wanders off to pick up firewood, returning when he has an armful. He will continue until there is enough to last the night.

dpdx

Explorer
Rurik joins Eusebius in the conventional gathering of firewood. Carrying an armful to match Eusebius', Rurik announces, "That should do'er."

Once the firewood is stacked, Rurik collects some dead grass, and places it in the firepit. Taking out flint and steel from his pack, Rurik sets to light it ablaze with the help of a small prayer to his god, Chennet'.

After it catches (due in no small part to Nodis' manifested wood) Rurik sets out his bedroll in a place up the prevailing wind from the fire, and sits down, his pack beside him.

"Yer know, Susan, was't? Yer could find three sticks, two of 'em forked, an' set up a pot fer yer rabbits."

Rurik will spend the next thirty minutes to an hour in that position on the bedroll, resting out the road sores, sharpening his axes on an ale-moistened whetstone, and setting out some ale and rations to complement his dinner.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
dpdx said:
"Yer know, Susan, was't? Yer could find three sticks, two of 'em forked, an' set up a pot fer yer rabbits."

"No sir, Susan is Andrew's advisor, I'm Diane. Can you make stew out of rabbits? I always spit-roasted them before..."

ooc: Haven't heard from sparky. :\ I'm loath to continue without her checkin since this adventure was designed to tie up a loose end for her character.... I'll try to contact her via email and continue by tommorrow one way or another.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
The night passes without event and the next day the group approaches a medium sized village. Rainca takes the majority of the Hoar Suns the long way around, treating it as a "teachable moment" in moving without drawing attention, and Skeeter and the others go through to do a little shopping.

(ooc: anything you want to buy that costs 10 gp or less just purchase for the standard srd price and reflect on your character sheets. if you want something more expensive let me know and I'll judge ifits available in this village or if you should make a side trip to fallon.)

Remove ads