• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E FR 4E SPOILER - Grand Histoy of the Realms info

Hammer_of_Tyr said:
That thumping sound you hear is my head being buried in the sand.

(For those bad at metaphor)

ME NOT WANT!

What, you don't want the god you're named after
killing Helm in some sort of shady back-alley knife-fight over a hot chick as if he was some kind of pimp
?

TBoarder - That is some saaaaad shiz... The rest seems fine, though.

Glyfair - Hmmm, I don't think they're going to start the campaign slap-bang in the middle of the
spellplague
. That's be wierd, especially for certain classes.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ruin Explorer said:
The 1384 one is a joke, right? Unless they all are. The last three seem pretty plausible though.

Have to agree with you on this one. Way out of character, especially as Tyr and Helm aren't on bad terms.

The last three sound possible but basically like some designers deciding they want to :confused::eek::mad::] around with Ed Greenwood's sandbox. Besides, (spoilers)
isn't Mystra supposed to reform to save the Weave if she dies? Like what happened at the fall of Netheril when Mystryl became Mystra? If this is really in the Grand History, then it kind of implies that Ao is asleep at the wheel.

Glyfair

Explorer
Ruin Explorer said:
Glyfair - Hmmm, I don't think they're going to start the campaign slap-bang in the middle of the
spellplague
. That's be wierd, especially for certain classes.

In the middle, maybe not. Right after, I don't see why not. The problematic effect doesn't affect every mage, just "thousands of them" (which is only a drop in the bucket in the Realms, right? ;) )

Last edited:

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Glyfair said:
In the middle, maybe not. Right after, I don't see why not. The problematic effect doesn't affect every mage, just "thousands of them" (which is only a drop in the bucket in the Realms, right? ;) )
I still think the combination of the designer saying "Who said we were starting the campaign in 1385? We just said that was when the RSE happens" and the new Drizzt book(the first in the "Transitions" series) taking place in or around 1475 strongly implies that's the timeline for 4e FR.

Assumably all of the above is over with and fixed by 1475 and that the campaign is back to "business as usual", but different by that time.

Fobok

First Post
I'm sure there'll be another Mystra, or a deity taking over her portfolio and re-establishing the Weave. Most likely, just in a new form, to provide an explanation for the magic system changes.

<Puts hand up>

I have a Tyr-related question.

Okay, he's the god of justice, right, and he's
hiding a murder/manslaughter? Uhhhhh forgive me but what? Isn't that going to mean that, as he killed Helm and no doubt took his already-overlapping porfolio, the FR god of justice will have a freakin' dirty secret? That's kind of both awesome and utterly appalling. Cyric will be semi-unjustly imprisoned. It's like a bad episode of Law and Order, only with FR gods...

Or am I misunderstanding the situation?

Glyfair

Explorer
Ruin Explorer said:
Okay, he's the god of justice, right, and he's
hiding a murder/manslaughter?

He isn't hiding it from the initial reports. The mystery is about who was behind his doing it.

It also isn't necessarily the event you described. Maybe it was a duel of some sort.

Glyfair said:
He isn't hiding it from the initial reports. The mystery is about who was behind his doing it.

Hmmm, where can I find out more? Surely that's a mystery he can pretty quickly clear up. I mean, it's not like you murder Helm (enough with the spoiler tags I admit) y'know, casually, over who some moderately attractive (she's no Sune) luck-chick loves more. Not if you're supposedly the god of JUSTICE. Shouldn't he have to take himself out back and shoot himself?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads