Pathfinder 2E Frequent Bathing Required (Recruiting A DM)

Kaodi

Hero
Yes, I am still looking. I will probably be okay running with fewer than four eligible players as well. I just want to see some background and description from you guys so I can begin to think about the "Where?" the "What?" and the "Why?" of this game, ; ) .

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Someone called fighter and barbarian and rogue? I could do another fighter (melee or archer, whatever opposite the other fighter) and maybe a different type of rogue (wouldn't mind one of the strength rogues to try).

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Well, it looks like your comments about an alchemist made their way into my subconscious, because these past few days a cool little concept has evolved in my head. :)

A chubby female goblin has been working in the kitchen of a small tavern in the Puddles section of Absolom for who knows how long, and her skill with turning the most unpleasant ingredients available into a delectable meal has made the tavern far more popular than anything in that section ought to be. When it blew up in a large explosion, people mused that such was the way in the Puddles; it must've been a competitor or an escalated bar brawl gone bad.

But it was, in fact, a deliberate accident by the deceptively cunning goblin, meant to destabilize the local crime syndicate that had been using the tavern as a front for increasingly vile practices, including slave trafficking. The goblin, who would never admit to learning most of her cooking and alchemical craft from her time as a hag's servant, loathed slavery and with this move had the local authorities move in to apprehend the evildoers.

Meanwhile she had an excuse to join an adventuring party, both to earn her keep after losing her job (not many innkeepers are willing to let a goblin from the Puddles into their kitchen), and to continue fighting against slavers...

Kaodi

Hero
That sounds interesting, Justin. It certainly has a hook for a campaign or part of a campaign.

In any case, Kahless, there is no "limit" on how many of whatever class we have, so you can be whatever you want. Maybe it just becomes part of the story if there are more than one of something.

Kaodi

Hero
You could do that, and I suppose that locks the game in to starting at level 2. Like I said, I am mostly interested in story hooks, and what you want to play within the parameters I gave is up to you.

So looks like we have four eligible players here already if everyone can get a character backstory going.
JustinCase
Charwoman Gene
KahlessNestor
gargoyleking

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I wouldn't mind getting in, too. I'd like to see more about how this PF2 plays, and seeing as I'm only playing it PBP, it's naturally slow so far. I promise to post often.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I sometimes worry I take over slow-moving games (especially when I'm playing a talkative character) because I'll just keep posting between each other player's posts if no one else takes their "turn".

Remove ads