From 1st to Maximum Level

Have you ever run or played a D&D campaign from 1st to maximum level?

• Yes, I played, and it was glorious!

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Yes, I ran it, and it was glorious!

Votes: 20 17.5%
  • Both! I am glorious!

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • No. Woe is I.

Votes: 77 67.5%

• Poll closed .

Weregrognard

First Post
In 17+ years, and four editions, I have yet to accomplish either of these. Am I alone in this? Tell me your stories of glory or woe.

drothgery

First Post
Assuming that it's 20th for 3.x, then I can say yes... as of last Thursday. After 14 years of gaming, in at least eight tabletop campaigns that lasted over six months. Though I'm on my third PC, another player is on his second, a third PC has been raised from the dead three times, and the last has been raised once. It's been almost three years since the campaign where we reached 20th level started, though we've had a few side trecks since then (and actually hit 20th after a long time off).

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
No, unfortunately. Closest I came was a game from level 1-15. It was planned to go to about level 18 for the finale, but we ran out of time. It was a college game, year ended, and two of the players were exchange students never coming back (one from California, one from Puerto Rico).

Current game I'm co-running started at 3 and if all goes right will end near 20. It's a high-powered gestalt game, so I figure they'll be fighting lesser deities by level ~17. What with it being an evil party seeking total destruction and all...

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I ran the Age of Worms Adventure Path starting in 2005 and completed it in 2007. The PCs began at 1st-level and were 21st level by the adventure's conclusion. That was the first time I had ever played or run in a game that actually played from start to finish that high.

Holy Bovine

First Post
I have run 2 games to maximum level (20th) in my two recently completed 3.5E games. One was a glorious climactic ending to a fun and tense campaign. The other one was the stumbling, painful grind in the Age of Worms AP.

Serendipity

Explorer
Yes in BECMI over a very long period of time two of us achieved immortality. In later editions a single instance of a character maxing out level in 2e (though in fairness it was a character that had adapted over from 1e and started in 1981 or so) around 1996.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Nope. The game gets pretty dull at high levels, what with all of that ubergood superpowered awesomeness that is inherent in the system. We seem to have the most fun around the 10th - 15th levels.

Remove ads