• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E From the 4e MM preview: Astraljamming?!

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Beautiful!

I. Want. To. Go. there.

That seems like a Spelljammerified Sigil, or is it just me?

havard

Adventurer
Fascinating concept! Even if it isn't launched as a campaign setting of its own, I would love to see this included somehow, perhaps in the Planar Handbook?

Havard

Fallen Seraph

First Post
med stud said:
As for astral ships that are sinking or gods that die or are cast out, I think it would be neat if they are meteors. That way you know that when you see a falling star, hell is about to break lose :uhoh:

Or whenever a crew of a Astral Vessel is on the World and sees a fallen star streaking by, they raise their hands in salute to their fallen comrades.

Or to go one step further, imagine a great religious war has erupted on the World. As the sunset turns to night, the two great armies clash on the planes of the World. While above them a great meteor storm has lit the night sky.

Two armadas have begun to wage battle across the Astral Sea. Each wishing to destroy the other, so they may obliterate the Dominion of their rival god.

Last edited:

Dr. Confoundo

First Post
FreeXenon said:
Beautiful!

I. Want. To. Go. there.

That seems like a Spelljammerified Sigil, or is it just me?

That's from Treasure Planet - if you haven't seen it already, and are interested in Spelljammer, you should definitely rent it.

Brian888

First Post
Will there be Astral Kraken lurking in the starry Astral Sea, waiting to ambush unwary sailors on the Sea of Stars? I sure as hell hope so.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Brian888 said:
Will there be Astral Kraken lurking in the starry Astral Sea, waiting to ambush unwary sailors on the Sea of Stars? I sure as hell hope so.

We could also see creatures (mainly elementals) who hide amongst the churning mass of the Elemental Chaos who spring forth, up through the Elemental Chaos and through the starry sea of the Astral Sea to grasp hold of a Astral Vessel and tug it down into the Elemental Chaos.

There could also be any number of creatures, both big and small that live amongst abandoned Dominions. Waiting for a Astral Vessel to sail by before leaping at it. I could imagine a Astral Vessel returning to dock, having to wash off/magically remove small spider like creatures that have clung to the hall during the journey.

If the Githyanki's dead god islands exist in the Astral Sea as well. We could see large and small carrion eaters swarming over them.

Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Love this one.

Thanks :) It be great to see bars and pubs specifically catering to Astral Sailors as well. They could have say free-drinks whenever a shooting star is seen in honour of the fallen sailors.

Storminator

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
This could also happen with Dominions (talked about it on the first page). Where for whatever reason, the Dominion has begun to sink down towards the Elemental Chaos/Abyss or becomes a "floating Dominion" and at the mercy of the currents, possibly being sent into a crash-course with other Dominions or Astral Vessels.

med stud said:
As for astral ships that are sinking or gods that die or are cast out, I think it would be neat if they are meteors. That way you know that when you see a falling star, hell is about to break lose :uhoh:

I'm thinking of having entire Dominions crashing out of the sky... Hell on Earth.

PS

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads