Fullmetal Alchemist - Lure of the Flames

jkason

First Post
Jericho "Spider" Carrington

Jericho follows the others out of the meeting, and seeing all the saluting, suddenly gets nervous he's breached some kind of protocol. He stands quickly at attention and salutes, as well, only he does so with two hands on the same side. The second arm is automail, now clearly visible as he's managed to sweep away his cloak in the process. The man grimaces as he notices his the extra arm, tucking it back away under the cloak with a nervous giggle.

"I ... yes. About that. I'm something of a first-adopter, you might say," he says.

Shayuri

First Post
Gail goggled openly at Jericho. She'd seen automail, but never to do something like THAT.

"Is that...an extra arm made of automail?" she blurts, too amazed to remember decor. "How is that possible? You have to hook automail up to existing nerves! There's no nerve links for an extra appendage in the human body."

She trailed off, thinking. "At least, not a normal human body."

It might be possible though, if you used some kind of medical alchemy to grow extra nerves first. But you'd have know exactly what you were doing. And...it comes very close to Human Transmutation...

jkason

First Post
Jericho Spider Carrington

Jericho blushes at the sudden interest, and stammers a moment.

"I promise I'm normal," he starts. "I'm not one of those chimera you hear about. It's not easy, certainly, and the other folk in my field aren't convinced it's entirely desirable. There's some danger during the spinal interfacing for the nerve grafts, among other things, which is why I was the only person I could find to try it out, you see."

He gives a nervous smile. "But, well, I'm walking about, which is always a good sign, right?"

Shayuri

First Post
"It's better than the alternative!" Gail agrees. "Absolutely amazing."

She looked at each of her new teammates, nodding to herself, then claps her hands together.

"All right, we'll need some time to pack and prepare. Colonel Masters, what time will we rendezvous back here at the station?"

Remove ads