• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Funny "victory" lines?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
To add some from the popular litarature:

"Time to harvest the kidneys"
"For so long I wanted to say these three words: SNEAK ATTACK, *ITCH"

I don't get this one down verbatim, but I'll get the gist of it.
Fighter: "My cold steal shall drink your lifeblood eagerly!"
Wizard: "My Eldritch Might will tear you from Life itself!"
Cleric: "NAUGHTY! NAUGHTY! NAUGHTY!"

Fighter: "We've got to get her some new lines."
Wizard: "How? She thinks saying "darn" is a violation of her alignment.

One of my favourite lines from Heroes of Might and Magic V:
Demon: "I need to pass your lands to set sail at the port of (whatever)"
Elf: "Your burning hooves shall not scorch a single blade of our grass"
Demon: "Ugh! Tree-shagging pixies. I have no time for this. Go and slay them all!"

And another from the same game and character (well, more or less)
"I would not call myself power-hungry, but that felt GOOD!"

Rhun said:
Whenever I cast banishment or similar spell, I always steal the quote from Ghostbusters:

"(Insert outside name)... good evening. As a duly designated representative of the City, County and State of (insert realm name), I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension. "

That's not a free action!

Rabelais

First Post
My group had a cleric that quoted the line from Ghostbusters whenever he turned outsiders. Honestly, that joke never got old :)

My current character, a Shadow Dragon/Psion, "quotes" Godzilla's victory roar whenever we win a battle. So much so, that I'm just going to burn it to mp3, and cue it up on ol' Sparky the wonder iPod. :)

I used to yell (after successfully backstabbing) "I AM THE TERROR THAT STABS IN THE NIGHT!!!" Right up until the other players duct-tapped my mouth shut.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Rabelais said:
My current character, a Shadow Dragon/Psion, "quotes" Godzilla's victory roar whenever we win a battle. So much so, that I'm just going to burn it to mp3, and cue it up on ol' Sparky the wonder iPod. :)

In a no-holds-barred epic game, my half-dragon anthropomorphic tyrannosaur yelled out "TOLTHRAK SMASH!!!!" at relatively frequent intervals in fights, like when he charged and flurried. Those poor winterwights never knew what hit them. I miss playing him, he was fun.

(Int was 16, and therefore a dump stat. His speech patterns were a mix between the Hulk and Grimlock. Great fun was had by all.)

Brad

Festivus

First Post
Kae'Yoss said:
If you want some real gems, go see Commando. Arnie has some real nice things to say there:

After being asked what he did to some guy, he just said "I let him go" (while he hung him over a cliff by one arm)

The guy he impaled on a steam pipe he told to blow off some steam.

Well, they're your kids, their mother is your wife.... But it's good that your kids don't make a habit of rudely pointing out facts. ;)

You had to bring up Commando... I was working in the movie theater when that "beauty" came out. Here's what my google-fu produced... and I remember every one of these sadly:

This is from here http://optimusfilms.20m.com/arnold/80s.html

Commando (1985)

Plot: Arnold is Col. John Matrix. Matrix to his friends and enemies. He is retired special forces, enjoying the good life. Until a ruthless dictator kidnaps his daughter, so he can blackmail Matrix into assassinating a South American president. Bad idea. Arnold doesn't say much in this film, but when he does it's usually a one-liner. My favorite one-liner film.
Film: C
One-liners: A
Trailer

1. Soldier: "You think I can smell em?"
Matrix:"I did."

2. Bad Guy: "Your going to co-operate... right?"
Matrix: "Wrong!"

3. "I'll be BACK, Bennet"

4. Stewardess: "Any carry on luggage?"
Matrix: "Just him."

5. [To stewardess] "Don't disturb my friend... he's DEAD tired."

6. Stewardess: "Sir, you must remain seated."
Matrix: "I'm air-sick."

7. [Before plane ride.]
Matrix:"Your a funny guy Sully, that's why I'm going to kill you last."
[Now holding Sully over cliff.]
Matrix: "Remember, Sully, when I promised to kill you last?"
Sully: "That's right, Matrix! You did!"
Matrix: "I LIED!"

8. Cindy:"Where's Sully?"
Matrix: "I let him go."

9. Cooke: "This Green Beret, is going to kick your A**."
Matrix: "I eat Green Beret's for breakfast... and right now I'm VERY hungry."

10. Cooke: [Holding gun on Matrix] "F*** you A******!"
[CLICK]
Matrix:"F*** YOU A******!"

11. "We'll take Cooke's car... he WON'T be needing it."

12. Cindy: "Where are we going?"
Matrix: "Shopping!"

13. [After Cindy shoots police van with rocket launcher. (Sense?)]
"Where did YOU learn to do that?!"

14. Cindy: "This isn't a plane, this is a canoe with wings!"
Matrix: "Then get in and start paddling."

15. Cindy: "How will I know?"
Matrix: "Because all F***ING Hell is going to break loose!"

16. "Como esta?!" [BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!]

17. Bennet: "How's your arm John?"
Matrix: "Come over and FIND out."

18. Bennet: "You're a dead man John!"
Matrix: "Bull..S***!"

19. [after throwing a pipe through him]
"Let off some STEAM, Bennett!"

20. General: "Leave anything for us?"
Matrix: "Just bodies."

Jeysie

First Post
Thunderfoot said:
I used to yell (after successfully backstabbing) "I AM THE TERROR THAT STABS IN THE NIGHT!!!" Right up until the other players duct-tapped my mouth shut.

See, in order to make that work, you really have to make it into a running gag by adding variations on the second part of that quote. Something like, "I am the terror that stabs in the night! I am the rust monster that eats your armor!"

Peace & Luv, Liz

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
Not quite a victory line, but in a recent game someone in character said, of our "guest"....

"Ah, come man... when does Stockholm syndrome kick in?"

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
In a Dark Sun campaign (no metal weapons), after a particularly long and grueling fight with evil elves, a friend yelled out "Eat Hot Bone, elf!!!" Yes. he was using a bone sword.

The DM and I busted out laughing. The player who yelled turned bright red a moment later.

/Dark Sun: cannibal halflings and crappy ceramic money. Good times. :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads