• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gambling rules

ZR

First Post
I need rules to cover gampling....particularly cards.

Need to take intoaccount bluff/sencemotive etc.

Anyone know any online .....I need them in a hurry

ZR

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
To my knowledge, there's nothing in the RAW that covers gambling, although I've seen people use Profession (Gambling).

Crothian

First Post
Fore basic gambling I use Prof Gambling. For blkuffing I use the Bluff skill. For trying to "read" the other people at the table I use Sense Motive and to oppose the Bluffs. And for cheating I use slieghyt of hand opposed by Spot.

I allow Prof Gambling to provide a synergy bonus to all those skills when gambling only. If I'm just using Prof Gambling rolls to determine victory and not using the other skills I allow them to give a synergy bonus to Prof Gambling.

ZR

First Post
I was hoping for something with a little realism or at least something that could be the framework for descriptive RP'ing. Definitly need the Bluff/SM and prefession all included

DM_Fiery_Fist

First Post
I'd recommend looking at Tournaments, Fairs, and Taverns--it's an excellent sourcebook that I've used for a lot of the games in my own...er, game.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Star Wars d20 also has a pretty nice version of the Gambling skill. It's a WIS based skill, so it can be equated to Profession (Gambler) if need be.

Remove ads