• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #10:Fire and Blood ACT 10 Chapter 1-2011--Season Ending

Cor Azer

First Post
So, first of all ... Awesome!

The final image, Celt, was I think exactly the one you're envisioning -- Dany after the fire with her children.

There's so much to discuss, though it adhered so well to the book (while bringing in a few early scenes from the next book as well) that there was nothing I found really surprising in any regard, but it was enjoyable seeing how they got to that final shot.

So much happened that I was a bit surprised to realize that I had forgotten about Arya for a while after the ending of the episode. But once I remembered again, I sort of wished that they had given us an initial introduction to Jaqen, instead of keeping him covered up as they did.

They're definitely making Shae feistier than in the novels, a lot more willing to challenge and talk back to Tyrion, rather than just flatter and wheedle. I like her more as a character, but wonder if Tyrion is quite as likely to fall for this Shae as for the one who incessently flattered him in the novels.

I liked Grand Maester Pycelle's "the thing about kings" speech, and the prostitute's bored attitude toward it (and him). Was that Ros again, making an appearance? For the life of me, I can't figure out what the producers are attempting with that character. Is it cheeper to have only one actress on the payroll whose main qualification for her role is "looks good naked" rather than hiring several, or is this an actual attempt to tie a number of characters together through their "association" with Ros?

Oh well. A long wait till next season!

I think the main thing with Ros is that she's a character people can explain things to without having to resort to "As you know..." to people who do in fact know. Also, given that the audience already knows she's a prostitute, the show doesn't need to spend time establishing the listening character's relationship/background with the speaker.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Cute ending. Puppies and dragons. Wait, what was I thinking about? Ooh.

Marillion got off easy. Only lost his tongue on tv. But this changes a certain thing in the future.

I sort of wished that they had given us an initial introduction to Jaqen, instead of keeping him covered up as they did.
The actor for Jaqen hasn't been cast yet, so they can't show his face.

Was that Ros again, making an appearance? For the life of me, I can't figure out what the producers are attempting with that character. Is it cheeper to have only one actress on the payroll whose main qualification for her role is "looks good naked" rather than hiring several, or is this an actual attempt to tie a number of characters together through their "association" with Ros?
It has to be the latter. She has now been with Tyrion, Theon, Jon (he mentioned being with her, but not wanting another bastard), Littlefinger and now Pycelle. That is amazingly well connected for a completely new character. All that's missing is Varys, Illyrio and Renly and she'll have a hand in every pie.

Speaking of pie, was that Hot Pie that Arry was threatening? :)

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Teaser for season 2 - SPOILER WARNING -

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwvtkirHz5s&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Game Of Thrones: Season 2 Tease (HBO)‬‏[/ame]

Fast Learner

First Post
Ok, I give: how is it a spoiler? (I've read the books, fwiw.)

Well, I get a sort of
Melisandre thing from the green flame
, but that can't be it, right?

horacethegrey

First Post
Well, war is afoot, a sadist prick sits on the throne, the Starks plan to pay him back, the Imp becomes the new Hand, and things go bump in the night beyond the Wall.

Yeah, depressing as hell, but still a great end to a season.

Oh and the final scene with Dany and her dragons was glorious. :)

mac1504

Explorer
Great finale to a great first season. The whole scene with Dany and the dragons was a masterpiece. Not sure how they are going to pull off
battle of Blackwater and the cgi for the Dragons
on the same budget that they had for this year, but I have faith they'll pull it off.

Now, we'll just have to be content with casting announcements and A Dance with Dragons until next season!

Remove ads