• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #10:Fire and Blood ACT 10 Chapter 1-2011--Season Ending

NewJeffCT

First Post
Great finale to a great first season. The whole scene with Dany and the dragons was a masterpiece. Not sure how they are going to pull off
battle of Blackwater and the cgi for the Dragons
on the same budget that they had for this year, but I have faith they'll pull it off.

Now, we'll just have to be content with casting announcements and A Dance with Dragons until next season!

Any rumors on casting for roles like Melisandre & Stannis?

Pinotage

Explorer
Great season ending. I was constantly surprised about the turns the series took even though I'd read the first book only 3 or 4 months ago. Good television all round. Can't wait for the second season and Dance with Dragons. Then we'll get to hear more about Dany, Tyrion and Jon.

Pinotage

mac1504

Explorer
Any rumors on casting for roles like Melisandre & Stannis?

There was this post from over a week ago over at winter-is-coming about Melisandre and Davos:

Leaked Season 2 auditions - Winter Is Coming

I haven't heard anything about Stannis (other than the lark that Gerard Butler was cast as Stannis via an IMDB edit). Right now, I'm a bit partial to Rufus Sewell getting the part (not that I know if he is being cast for it at all, or even available).

NewJeffCT

First Post
There was this post from over a week ago over at winter-is-coming about Melisandre and Davos:

Leaked Season 2 auditions - Winter Is Coming

I haven't heard anything about Stannis (other than the lark that Gerard Butler was cast as Stannis via an IMDB edit). Right now, I'm a bit partial to Rufus Sewell getting the part (not that I know if he is being cast for it at all, or even available).

Thanks for the link. Cruz has 3 movies on her resume, all from the 1990s...

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
On the subject of Ros, I suspect that it's true that she's mostly there for exposition at this point, but once you start putting her in contact with so many of the main characters, the audience is going to expect those connections to pay off at some point in the future. They're setting Ros up to be a player of some kind, but I don't know how they'll shoehorn that into a story that already has plenty of players.

My guess is that somewhere around season three, or even season two, someone will decide she knows too much and she'll meet a sticky end.

On Brienne, that's gonna be a tough role to cast, given her description. They may need to find a more attractive actress and use some prosthetics.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
For the unfortunate among us who don't have HBO... Any idea when DVDs might be available?

No word that I can find. I'm on several mailing lists waiting to hear news about it. Nothing on fan sites about it yet either.

Having said that, although I have every intention of buying the DVD's, I've seen the series and I don't have HBO, so...

Kaodi

Hero
Given that the series is not done yet, there is always the possibility that a character named Ros could make an appearance in a later book, though that might be unlikely.

But then again, Martin seems to be working closely eough with the series that it would not be completely surprising to see minor elements from it incorporating into the books if there were room.

Fast Learner

First Post
I thinks she'll serve an expository role to help viewers connect the dots they don't have time to portray; I can easily imagine a scene in the next season where she's talking with someone inconsequential to the story (another prostitute, for example) and says something like, "I don't think Lord Tyrion would do that because Littlefinger said {some key fact}."

Something along those lines that can shortcut a lot of storytelling.

Last edited:

Remove ads