D&D General Gameplay Trailer for D&D Dark Alliance Video Game

I'd forgotten all about this, but it was one of the 7 digital Dungeons & Dragons games mentioned in February of 2020. It's a console game which launches in June, and you can now watch a gameplay trailer of it. The game features a Drizz't and his friends, and you get to fight frost giants, beholders, and white dragons in Icewind Dale. You can pre-order it now.

Yeah, that's the sequel (which I wish was also getting a release - the gem based crafting system was neat, and it had greater variety in characters). I had to look it up, but that was "Ysuran Auondril."

Alas, it looks like the Switch version has been delayed by a few days!

Huh. I recall playing a male magic user...with a book in hand? Is that the sequel I’m thinking of?

Anyway, that solves which game I’m getting next for the switch! 😂

I also remember being impressed by the graphics. At the time, my last console had been a N64, so this was quite the leap forward for me.

That's cool to see. The 1st DA is very fun. I remember being blown away at the water tech. I'm hoping for a PC release (even better, on GOG) as I already own the PS2 version and it's sequel and I plan to play them through again when I get my Retrotink 5x! :D

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I gave the remastered DA 2001 a few hours this weekend and brought back fond memories. I actually like this better than Diablo 3 (which I didnt like at all). Whish we could get the sequel and the Champions of Norrath games in a bundle to go with it!

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I'm so looking forward to this one. My friend and I played it over and over years ago (on his PS2) - it's long enough to be compelling but not so long it feels like a slog.

I/we didn't like the sequel as much. It's so much longer and DID feel like a slog. But it became funny when we found the Charisma glitch - a high enough Charisma reduces the price you pay to buy stuff, but also reduces the price you get when you SELL stuff.

So if your Charisma is high enough you can literally load up on CHA boost items, buy stuff, then remove your CHA boost items and sell the stuff you just bought for more than you paid for it.

That discovery was the best thing about the sequel IMO. I don't miss it.

Remove ads

Remove ads