Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo makes a quick survey of the stuff in the room. He knows he doesn't have much time. He also doesn't know what happened with the team on the lab. He quickly gives orders:
"Material girl, check on fire gal over there. Shadow, check on our radioactive man. Don't free them just yet, but tell them we are here to do that." after delivering his orders he goes on searching for hard evidence, reports or other scientific information. He also searches for hard drives

Perception +9, Investigation +11

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Kat moves to the scorched tube, "Hey, hey, we're here to help, we're mutants too.." she looks down at her solid form, "Duh, anyways, we're gonna get you out of there as soon as we know what's going on here. Just sit tight for a minute. Can you walk?" She continues looking over the tube to see if she can figure out how it opens.

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra tenses, ready to try to follow the fleeing scientist...then forces herself to stop. They could go tearing through the facility, hell bent on catching a guy that only one of them could stop...with her basically just trying to hold Felix down. The two pieces of their team would get farther and farther apart, and the liklihood of attracting attention would mushroom.

They couldn't sacrifice the mission they were on just to get him. There would have to be another day.

"Let him go...we've got a job to do here," she said. "Felix, are you all right? Can I let you down now?"

BBs

First Post
"You got it." Laura moves in front of the high tech cell and inspects the man on the table "Um ... he's unconcious ... secured and all that ... that was easy. Either of you two need help with anything then?" She asks while looking at the unconcious man

OOC: Eh just in case, insight is Insight is +9, and Perception is +7 for the ... unconcious man if a check needs to be made, heh.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
<Lab>
Frost rechecks the door but realizes it's going to take a few moments to get it open - Or a good boost from Cass's TK.
Cass gently lowers Felix to the ground while Enoch focuses, trying to figure him out.

<Detention Center>
Laura confirms that the Arab man is being kept in drug induced stupor. None of the three present have enough medical knowledge to know how long it'll last after he is unplugged, or what the after-effects will be, but they are able to find some paperwork and they figure he'll be out for about half an hour unless they inject him with some sort of counter agent.

The pyro-chick stands up and moves towards the glass and speaks in broken and accented English "Yes please help."

OOC: Felix has reverted to his normal cat size and is currently unconscious. Are VR and Zerith going to RP this out in dream sequence?
Uomo can tell that the pyro-chick's accent is obviously native german.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo takes whatever important documents he finds, makes sure to take photos and then approaches the pyro german chick. He inspects the cell mechanism for a moment. "Don't worry dear, we'll take you out soon enough. But you'll have to be extremely cooperative. Emphasis on extremely." he explains in german.
Assuming she nods or agrees, he draws a gun. Well, not exactly a pistol, but a lock release gun, and pops open the cell. "Material Girl, take care of her. I mean, help her." This was not a time for double meaning phrases.
Uomo, still holding the lock release gun, approaches Shadow, and pops the lock of the arab man to. "Shadow, you'll have to carry him. I'll get some syringes and some of this sedative, in case our "sleeping beauty" decides to go all tactical warhead on us. We ain't having Enoch here; partially thanks to you." Uomo wasn't dropping the subject just yet. He wanted Laura to correctly understand the implications of a mistake in a situation such as this. It might save her butt in the future, and heck, even his; that is if she didn't beat him into a pulp right now. Without waiting to see her reaction, he went to find a syringe and fill it with the sedative the man was being feed with.

Voidrazor

First Post
On the periphery of his attention, Enoch watches the scientist flee, and mutters, mostly to himself, "Man that nutter is so totally going to give us headaches down the line." Distractedly, he speaks up. "Grid, can you keep an eye on Dr. Cuckoo for Cocopuffs and snag his license plate number if he grabs a car?"

Enoch is primarily focused on Felix, however. What he sees isn't exactly the felinoid's internal mindscape, but the teen gets a pretty clear picture of what's going on from the swirling array of hyper-dimensional objects he did see. Despite the erratic motion of many of the objects, indicating panic, the complexity is staggering. Many of the polychora (4 dimensional polygons) have nearly a thousand polygonal cells. He can also tell that his illusory projection, left as a courtesy so that Felix could tell him to get lost, was not exactly welcome. He makes it speak anyway. He hated the idea of intruding on a teammate, but the situation made social niceties a luxury they could not afford. "Sorry, I'll go if you want. But you were injuring yourself. I get why. I'd be freaking too. But you are gonna make it through this. Whatever that stuff that got on you was, it wasn't fully effective and there's a good chance its temporary. Anyway, we've got a minute or two, but then we're gonna have to leave this lab in our rearview. Can you hang on until we get to safety?"

Feeling like a bastard, Enoch undetectably attempts to adjust the trajectories of several of Felix's mental plane objects, relieving panic and inducing self-confidence.

OOC said:
Its probably better to play this out rather than make rolls. But should a check be necessary, Enoch is using Hypnotic Suggestion: Mind Control 11 (DC 21; Custom 4: Delayed recovery (1min/2hrs), Custom: Effect can be interrupted until target encounters a trigger., Insidious, Precise, Reversible, Subtle 2: undetectable)

Jemal

Adventurer
<lab>
Grid can keep a partial eye on the scientist but the security system down here is completely isolated from the one up top - exactly the same problem he had connecting to down here from above.

<Detention Center>
The german woman nods to Uomo and stands back as he pops the lock then goes over to the Arab's cell and does the same.
Laura picks up the Arab as Uomo fills a syringe with the tranquilizer.
"They have a virus, we came to retrieve it." The german woman says to Uomo as she gets out "Did Phoenix send you to rescue us?"

OOC:
VR - I'm ok with allowing it w/o roll if Zerith is.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Did he? How amusing, he didn't mention you at all, Sparks; Can I call you Sparks? Not only that, he told us they had just detected this lab ad its contents. Seems our mutual friend is not as sincere as he seemed, eh?" Uomo answers. "Anyway, where is this virus? We got some samples, but if there's a batch or a mass production of it, we will do well in destroying it."

BBs

First Post
As Laura picks up the Nuclear man "Eh how was I suppose to know he was immune to my powers, or I'm guessing I did the wrong thing by not going for the throat." She sighs "So how many screw-ups does that manke? I lost track after three."

Remove ads