Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: All of the german girls speech(In red) is in German, so I believe only Uomo understands her.

<Detention Center>
"Did he? How amusing, he didn't mention you at all, Sparks; Can I call you Sparks? Not only that, he told us they had just detected this lab ad its contents. Seems our mutual friend is not as sincere as he seemed, eh?" Uomo answers.
"Michelle" The German girl narrows her eyes "I don't do nicknames. And no, it seems not" Uomo smells a brief hint of smoke as her eyes burn angrily.
"Anyway, where is this virus? We got some samples, but if there's a batch or a mass production of it, we will do well in destroying it."
"We were going to destroy the whole facility, but first Phoenix wanted a sample so he could engineer a counter in case we missed any. We got caught trying to fight our way out. They've already used three of us for their.. testing. All I know is they had a lab, and a Vault where they stored stuff, somewhere near here."

Zerith

First Post
Hind sight, it likes to gnaw.

Felix’s panic was ebbing, he was far more willing to discard it then Enoch realized, and it came with friends, aware of it or not, Felic was desperate to cast the thoughts aside, his face first went blank as if he just was not there anymore, but then he started to become livid; the ones he kept, he clung to them as a single purpose, and they, nay it, was self explanatory.

“Freaking out!?” He groaned with venom. “I’ve been infected by a bio agent that, from what we know, ‘cures’ mutations and is ultimately fatal! The only expert that has given any ‘insight’ on the matter more than likely lied to our faces: for all he knew telling us that I have a death sentence just meant giving himself one!” He grumbled, angrily, his eyes fixated on Enoch. “And then, I’m a meta morph, that changes everything, my biology can change on a whim, and if something starts mucking with it, it gets mucked up fast!” he yelled in fury; tuffs of fur starting to sprout about his form, he started to near Enoch, the growth of the plants started to slow, and then it crawled, yet the decay accelerated.

Felix spoke on “But can I hang on now?! I’ve lost centuries! Centuries! I had planes, hops, Dreams! All now Scattered to Dust!” he grumbled as the scape again trembled, in rage. “And you know what, Sure! I’ll hand on, I’ll hand on long enough to crush my murderer under my ruin and watch the terror in his eyes!” Felix was beyond simple rage, he was experiencing ire.
“Yes!” he growled, a grin perking on his lips, his eyes shined with glee as he took a slow, expressive, breathits so clear now, there is no fear now,I’ve suffered the death blow already,why not just accept it and move on; After paying my Debt that is!” He cackled with chaos, a tower fell and crumbled behind him, and he did not care. His face was again twisted, between an inferno of rage and gleeful smile, oh the pain that man, that Thing would endure before the end!
“One sentence beckons the other!!!” Felix exclaimed in a joyous howl as the scape started to become simply apocalyptic and quaked violently under the strain of his new found, nay, reclaimed will and his self image again started to take on his prevues form...
____

meanwhile, Felic’s taxed, wheezing, body quickened, breaths were shorter and more frequent and he was beginning to kick and paw as he laid on his side; his eyes began to twitch, his jaws mouthing about as if to gnaw something.

[sblock=OoC]Panic was a chief occupant of his mind, fear was another, but for panic to be removed fear must also go, and yet both help keep another wise overconfident personality in balance; sure, panic can cause bad decisions, but yanking both of them out from under someone kind of removes their restraint.

And Felix rarely lacks confidence in the first case, giving him more just makes him think, nay, know, he can't possibly fail at anything remotely within his limits, like murdering his own murderer.
Installing some serenity might have been a better choice; now he is thinking purely in the now, and thinking that nothing he dose has any long term effect… cause he will be dead, but he has little motive to fear that now, that he cares far more about getting even then about grasping at straws in a vain attempt to live.
It might be a good idea to hit undo and then let him brood awhile, in his own head, and rebuild, so yes, the mind is a very complex thing, start yanking things out and stuffing others in while it’s trying to deal with something hard and you get kittens, really, really pissed off meta kittens! :D

But yeah, newbie physic and all, you need to learn these things the hard way, you can't "Just fix" mental issues at the drop of a hat(without getting really, comically, lucky or knowing the subject matter imminently; Enoch just meet Felix, who is an enigma to him, so that left blind luck, and no dice so no luck :p).

It is why psychics, the good ones at least, always end up just soothing everything once their experienced, almost always positive initale results and gives you time to find out what the real issue is ;3

So yeah, might want to hit undo, and then either vacate his mind or try again... but remember Felix is no fool ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
"We know what this lab is working towards. They haven't succeeded yet or they would be spreading the junk. We also don't know which version or their work in progress you got exposed to. You still have most of your powers. And there is no particular reason to think that you won't recover. Failing that, the group you work for may have a healer stashed somewhere. Right now we have to make sure that this lab doesn't complete its research. That's the mission. And its important; fate of the world important. Afterwards, tracking down self-hating Mengele will be the top priority, OK. So are we sharing a page or are you still looking for more drama two chapter ahead?"

OOC: Panic is simply a fear so great that it overwhelms rational thought. So while Enoch isn't particularly wise, he wasn't trying to keep Felix from being able to feel any fear at all. Instead he was relieving panic, which is certainly moving in the direction of inducing serenity, but less extreme. Anyway, I'd rather not have Enoch continue to fiddle with Felix's mind, unless you're OK with it OOC. As for being able to "just fix" mental issues, Enoch learned to use his powers by experimenting at a psychiatric institution. And while he can't read minds, he can see their overall configuration as acutely as a visual sense. He's also extremely insightful. So yes he can actually fix psychiatric distress, at least temporarily. But I don't want that to run over your roleplay. So if its important to you to have Felix freak out, then by all means do so.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The German girl narrows her eyes "I don't do nicknames. And no, it seems not" Uomo smells a brief hint of smoke as her eyes burn angrily.

"We were going to destroy the whole facility, but first Phoenix wanted a sample so he could engineer a counter in case we missed any. We got caught trying to fight our way out. They've already used three of us for their.. testing. All I know is they had a lab, and a Vault where they stored stuff, somewhere near here."

"Michelle then, try to remember where the Vault is. If you don't remember, there's no problem. Even if we obliterate all this place, they mas have other sort of copies and back ups, we'd only delay the inevitable. But enough words, lets be on our way. Shadow, take Michelle and him to the others, check that everything is krasivo i akkuratno, and wait for me and material girl, we'll set something to blow up the Vault, and then join you to leave this place" If the girl doesn't remember the location of the Vault, Uomo will ask Grid to direct them using the schematics.

krasivo i akkuratno: Nice and neat in russian.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra could do nothing but stand and watch the silent battle of wills as it played itself out before her. She had no idea what Felix's movements meant, if anything. Were they fighting? Talking? All she knew was that it was taking time, and they didn't have a lot left to go. The fight out in the corridor sounded like it was over, and no alarm so she guessed the good guys won, but they almost assuredly had some kind of a check-in schedule and now they were going to miss that.

They had minutes to seal this deal before the lid blew off and they had to duke their way out.

"Felix." Cassie stooped down and spoke quietly to the cat-mutant, hoping he could hear her even in this fugue.

"I know you're furious, and scared, because of what happened to you. I'd be the same way. But we have to get this done to make sure no one else ever has to feel what you're feeling. That's what we have to stop. We can't do it if you won't work with us. All I ask is that you put that anger on the side for a few more minutes while we get this done. Once we do this, all bets are off. You can do whatever you want."

BBs

First Post
Laura goes by Michelle waiting for her to comply "There is more of us here, we'll help in anyway we can."

Jemal

Adventurer
Stepping out of the cell, the german girl nods to "We'd planned to have him blow the place up" Michelle motioned to the still-unconscious Arabian. "I could always burn it... but we should still get a sample, so they can come up with a counter for it."

The vault is only a couple corridors away from the detention center. Laura throws the Arab over her shoulder, and prepares to head over to the lab.

Meanwhile in the lab, Cassandra and Enoch continue trying to calm Felix as his mind and body continue to go haywire.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo will hastly go with Material girl to the Vault, and after taking some samples, will try to make an improvised bomb.

OOC: What do I need to roll to get an improvised explosive? Perhaps Grid can help me out?

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Well, presuming Uomo denied Michelle's 'request' to go with him (If so, it will require some sort of social check to convince her to go with Laura willingly - Roll and link Invisiblecastle if that's your plan, VV), here's how the team is currently broken up:

In Lab: Frost, Grid, Cassandra, Enoch*, Felix* (Enoch and Felix are also in Felix's mindscape)
Heading to Lab: Laura, Michelle(German Pyro), Unconscious Arab
Heading to Vault: Uomo, Material Girl
Also on that note, VV: The vault will be guarded, though I doubt you two will have trouble dispatching the guards, given the last combat.

Remove ads