Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse

Shayuri

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I know Gryphon was keen on our making contact, but I don't think I got the impression they wanted us back so fast that we'd need to pull all-nighters. I'd say stopping for the night at hotels seems reasonable, though Terry's following Cassandra's lead, so if she wanted to get back ASAP, he wouldn't be likely to argue.[/sblock]

(OOC - Arr, normal driving is fine unless we hear from Da Boss asking us to hurry things up.)

Jemal

Adventurer
On the Road

The Trio from Los Angeles begins their long trek back to Metro City. After the first day, they stop in a roadside Truckstop (motel/Gas station/Licensed Diner). The place seems relatively busy, but there are a couple empty rooms.

[sblock=ooc]Do you intend to do anything other than sleep when you arrive?[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Washington DC, Drake Centre

Drake smiles and finishes his scotch.
"Well I'm glad to know we share a similar vision. I've a plan in mind, but it would require some assistance on your part. They obviously wanted you to join them, if they came to you. perhaps you should give them another chance, see what they're about... And of course, report back to me on what their plans are, so that we can stop their next attack. Times are tense enough for our people without these vigilantes terrorizing humans and helping to turn even more of them against us.

Please, take the night to think it over. I'd also ask that you visit with our doctor, she'd like a few tissue samples so we can study your mutation - the more we know about ourselves, the better."

He turns to face Jax "And what of you? From what I hear from Ms Fury, you'ld make a good operative to have on the inside.. unless you disagree with that sort of thing?"

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

Terry stretches and yawns as they stop for the night.

"Suppose we should check in with the big boys," he says. "Then I think its grub and sleep for me. Dunno about you two."

hero4hire

Explorer
Kombat

He turns to face Jax "And what of you? From what I hear from Ms Fury, you'ld make a good operative to have on the inside.. unless you disagree with that sort of thing?"

"There was a time I didn't care much about anything but a paycheck. But I have come to realize there may be more to...life I guess." Jax pondered for a moment as if he were going to say something else. A range of emotion played on his face as if he was dealing with some internal struggle. "Yeah I'm in..." he answered finally.

Jemal

Adventurer
Washington DC, Drake Centre

"Forgive my prying, but you don't seem completely comfortable with the decision. Please be sure that I have no ill-intensions towards these people, they're misguided, but still mutants, just like us."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo fixes his gaze in the picture for a moment. "Indeed, the missing rebel son appears in the scene, forcing us to act. It has poetical connotations to it, yo can't deny it. Take from an unexpected new what is good in it; he's alive. And I might add, not beyond help. He has been probably tricked into this... risky gambit. Perhaps our visit to Drake should be hastened, he might have information about this." Uomo measured his words carefully, he didn't want Robert to start a frenetic search for his missing son, although he was certain that feeling had already set foot in the man's mind.

Shayuri

First Post
"Grub and sleep sound good," Cassandra agreed. "I'll put the call in." She caught Terry's eyes and quickly glanced at James; a silent request that Terry keep an eye on him. Then she heads over to the small row of payphones over around the corner from the diner.

Fifty cents gives her a dialtone, and she snorts as she remembers how, when she was in high school, it had been a quarter. It was weird how everything got slowly, stealthily more expensive. Was that just market economics, or was it some kind of insidious control mechanism used by shadowy governmental, or even extra-governmental forces to subjugate the masses? As the phone rang, Cassandra was already putting together an article idea...

hero4hire

Explorer
"Forgive my prying, but you don't seem completely comfortable with the decision. Please be sure that I have no ill-intensions towards these people, they're misguided, but still mutants, just like us."

Jax shook his head. "Nah..it's not that Mr. Drake. I know you're on the up-and-up. It's just..." Jax paused for a moment as if trying to find the exact words. "I've been trying to play it straight. Trying to do things different. These people they're mutants but some of them its kill or be killed and pretending to be one of them..there might be...I mean..." The young man seems to get flustered. "Nevermind...I'm onboard. Just forget I said anything."

Jemal

Adventurer
Truckstop

Cassandra checks in and informs the company that they're on their way back. She is told to be careful and try to maintain a low profile after the attack in washington, but other than that things seem status quo.

While Cassandra is on the phone, Terry and James head into the diner/bar to grab some food. While waiting for their server to come over, James sees a dangerous looking asian woman sitting at another booth. She looks remarkably familiar, and seems to be furtively glancing around.

Remove ads