Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse

Jemal

Adventurer
Metro City, Gryphon HQ

"You're right. Every bone in my body is screaming at me to run to him, find him, but that's not what we're here for. He's alive, that's more than I new yesterday. I don't think we should wast time making the appointment though, I'm thinking a more direct approach... show him we're like him. I'm sure he'll be fascinated by what we have to offer."
Robert clears his throat and straightens his jacket, offering a hand to Uomo "I know the trip makes you a bit queasy, but it is alot quicker than the jet, and as you said, we should hasten our trip."

[sblock=Uomo's Info]
Uomo is one of the few who knows of Robert's ability to Teleport.[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Washington, Drake Centre

"Well, I'm glad for the vote of confidence." Drake nods to Jax "We'll have to do our best to find a way to infiltrate them. Perhaps sending you back out before they find out where you've gone. They'll likely try to contact you again."

He sets down his empty glass and looks at the two of them "Now that my business is done, was there anything on either of your minds or shall we call it an evening?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"Well, were can I stay tonight and when will we begin our mission?"
Jakob aks directly.

[sblock=OOC]

----

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7 (1)
PARRY 7 (1)
FORTITUDE 9 (7)
TOUGHNESS 12 (10 Impervious)
WILL 8 (6)

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra checks in and informs the company that they're on their way back. She is told to be careful and try to maintain a low profile after the attack in washington, but other than that things seem status quo.

While Cassandra is on the phone, Terry and James head into the diner/bar to grab some food. While waiting for their server to come over, James sees a dangerous looking asian woman sitting at another booth. She looks remarkably familiar, and seems to be furtively glancing around.

Cassandra joins the others at their booth and takes a seat across from James. "Looks like everything's good so far. They just said to be careful and keep our heads down. There was some kind of public fracas in Washington they're worries about spillover from."

Rathan

First Post
James reaches out with his boot and kicks the other two under the booth.... perhaps a bit harder than he should have.... he then leans in to whisper to them

"3 o'clock... I don't like the look of that asian women there... she looks like she's about to bolt.." James said as he readies to try and catch her if he needs to...

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

"There was some kind of public fracas in Washington they're worries about spillover from."

"It's Washington," Terry mutters. "When isn't there a fracas there?"

James reaches out with his boot and kicks the other two under the booth.... perhaps a bit harder than he should have.... he then leans in to whisper to them

"3 o'clock... I don't like the look of that asian women there... she looks like she's about to bolt.." James said as he readies to try and catch her if he needs to...

Terry hisses and rubs his shin. He starts to glance in the direction James indicates, then thinks better of it.

"Look, I know you're feeling guilty about before," Terry whispers, "But I hardly think it's low profile to go getting involved in some dine and dash claptrap. Let's just get the food to go, maybe. Less we're around regular folks, the less likely we are to cause trouble."

Shayuri

First Post
"Yeah, but I mean a public brawl between...you know...people like us," Cassandra clarified sotto voce. "Not exactly the kind of PR our people are looking for. And exactly the kind to get anyone with a badge uptight, nationwide. So we just need to keep quiet, like they said."

She nods at Terry's assessment.

"It's cool you want to do good, James. Just, try to keep a bigger picture view of things. It's a busy restaurant. If we start throwing down, there'll be a panic. People crushing each other trying to get out. Saving Denny's fifteen bucks isn't worth that."

Jemal

Adventurer
Gryphon HQ/Drake Centre

-Gryphon HQ-
"Well then, here's to taking the next step together. Thank you, old friend." Robert's smile is somewhat forced, but seems genuine enough as he accepts Uomo's hand and closes his eyes for a moment, concentrating on the trip.

-Drake Centre-
"As I said, I'd like you to meet with our doctors first for a tissue sample, and we've a room ready for you. If the two of you are up for it, you can leave tommorow, and see if you can find them - or they can find you. Or, you can wait here until they strike again, and.."

Drake stops, as a strange smell fills the air. Jax's senses are going off the chart, something is definitely happening, but he can't tell what, and Frost can see a heat buildup about ten feet away.
Before any of them can react to this unknown threat though, there is a Puff of smoke and a slight flash of light, and two men are standing in the office beside them. One of them, the larger - not fat, but rotund - middle-aged man in a suit, shakes his head and staggers forwards, putting one hand on the nearby desk for support. The two of them do not appear intent on attack.

[sblock=ooc]
OK, Uomo and Robert have just teleported into Drake's office. VodaVosa, please describe yourself and see if you can convince the three in the room with you not to attack, as Robert will be shaken up for a moment after such a long-ranged teleport[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Truckstop

The asian woman is furtively glancing around, and catches James looking at her. She sneers at him and looks away, back to the door as if waiting for someone. She keeps one hand on her briefcase.

The bar has about a dozen other customers in it, and James can't quite put his finger on why this one caught his eye
[sblock=James Int check DC 10]
Then he realizes where he's seen her before, she's the same woman that was meeting with the boss in the warehouse earlier that day.[/sblock]

Remove ads