• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant High

Victim

First Post
Is there something in particular that we're waiting for before starting the assembly?

---------------------------------------------------

There is no "Bruised/Unconscious 5." With 5 points in regen going towards that area, you'd have Bruised 3, KO 2, or vice versa. And since you've been playing the game for months, I'm sure you can explain why regeneration from KO is problematic on a character with strong other abilities.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
kirinke said:
Ahh okay. Now I put all of her Regeneration Recovery into bruised. So that would be Recovery rate Bruised 5.

Kirinke, the max amount you could put in Bruised is 3 ranks. I posted the table from Ultimate Power so you could see the recovery rates.

[sblock="Regeneration Table"]
Rank.....Bruised/Unconscious....Injured/Staggered....Disabled/Ability....Resurrection
1.............1 Round.................20 minutes..............5 hours...............1 week
2.............standard action.......5 minutes...............1 hour.................1 day
3.............no action................1 minute................20 minutes...........5 hours
4.........................................1 Round.................5 minutes.............1 hour
5.........................................standard action.......1 minute...............20 minutes
6.........................................no action...............1 Round...............5 minutes
7.....................................................................standard action.....1 minute
8.....................................................................no action.............1 Round
9..............................................................................................standard action
10.............................................................................................no action
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
A little bit of both, actually. I've been a bit busy lately and I'd like to have all the characters ready before we proceed to chapter two.

Kirinke - Why does your character regenerate?

Drothgery - Hmm, I think I'm actually gonna say no to the variable structure. I think it's a bit too much power for points payed.

anything else?

drothgery

First Post
Jemal said:
Drothgery - Hmm, I think I'm actually gonna say no to the variable structure. I think it's a bit too much power for points payed.

Well, then I'm probably going to rebuild his array tomorrow. I'd really like something more flexible than an array, though.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Ok, Spike's changes will include:

Removing Luck Feat x2 (+2pp)
Taking Improved Trip Feat (-1pp)
Taking Improved Throw Feat (-1pp)

+2pp for Skills/Feats
Distract Feat (-1pp)
Attack Focus Increase to Melee 3 (-1pp)

+5pp
Container increase to Container 7 (-5pp)
Can someone help me with the mathematical equations that Strike with penetrating and Mighty will incur? I am having problems. I think my character sheet is all messed up, as it currently is. I doubt I have the damage from the spikes listed correctly. HELP! I am having a brain meltdown...

Victim

First Post
drothgery said:
Well, then I'm probably going to rebuild his array tomorrow. I'd really like something more flexible than an array, though.

With so much Luck, you can stunt that array pretty frequently.

----------------------------------

I don't see any Penetrating on your Spikes.

From what I see on your sheet right now, Spike already has +11 attack with his Spikes, and does +12 damage (+7 STR, +5 Strike Mighty - no extras, so it seems like it should get the full bonus). Oops? Then he'd already be partway to his level 12 caps.

-----------------------------------------

I'm spending 1 free point and 2 skills points on:

Sense Motive +2
Bluff +2
Medicine +2
Climb +2
Diplomacy +2
Stealth +2

1 free point: +1 Toughness

Not sure about the other 4 points I have (after dropping a point of Luck). I'm thinking of either of adding all the points into saves. However, trying to grab PL related ASAP to fully provide the boost to 12 is also tempting. Eric's big skill boost seems like it might make going heavy into skills somewhat less attractive. I didn't really think we'd be increasing in PL anytime soon (soon being extremely relative in pbp :)), so I'm not not totally sure how to work those upgrades into the things I already wanted to buy.

I was also thinking about putting a no knockback drawback on her attack array - her power should be chewing up or unraveling things it hits, not tossing them about.

kirinke

First Post
Jemal said:
A little bit of both, actually. I've been a bit busy lately and I'd like to have all the characters ready before we proceed to chapter two.

Kirinke - Why does your character regenerate?

anything else?

It's due to her electrical nature, basically because she both generates and controls electricity, it affects her entire body too, so that the electricity helps her body heal quicker, more power directed to body repair etc.....

Jemal

Adventurer
Kirinke - I'll allow it, but with limits: Max speed 1 full round, and no ranks in recovering from any of the following conditions: Disabled, Staggered, Dying, Unconscious, ressurection.

Victim - All sounds good so far, I agree with the knockback drawback, though you're allready wondering what to put your points in, so you'd then have to figure out what to do with the new points.
You could up your AC/Attack bonus.

Drothgery - As victim said, lotsa luck can get you doing practically whatever you want with power stunts. Other than that, we'll see what you can do and figure somethin out.

Fangor - When you use penetrating attacks, you don't need to change anything, you just need to point out to your GM (me) that you have penetrating, and I'll take it into account when rolling opponents toughness saves.
And Victim's right, you don't currently have any penetrating listed on your sheet.

As far as your spike's are concerned, the math looks right. Strike 5, Mighty(+7strmod) = 12 damage. Base attack 5+3 attack focus melee + 4 accurate=+12.

What are you planning on doing with the 5 points in your container? Adding penetrating 5 would be one way to go, it'd mean you'd be capable of hurting people with invulnerable.

Shayuri - I think I am gonna just say no to the transform thing.. I don't know what it is, but everytime I try picturing it I get this bad feeling. sry.

Anybody else know what they're doing with their level ups/new characters? I'd like to get this stuff done so I can continue the main thread.

Last edited:

Remove ads