Gary Gygax has passed. RIP beloved father of RPG's. (merged)

Mephistopheles

First Post
Gary will live on through the body of work he produced to build this great hobby for all of us.

I wish sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Rest in peace, Gary.

Like others, I have a hard time imagining what my life would have been like if it weren't for Gary Gygax and how he helped found and shape the hobby.

Baumi

Adventurer
I never had much to do with his work (not a big D&D Gamer) but I respected him deeply for creating RPG's which brought so much happiness into my life. Finally at my time at the Lejedary Adventure Board, I was finally blessed with some conversations with the man himself and at that time I learned that he is not only a brilliant man, but also friendly, knowledgable and a most of all a great gamer!

Gary may your Legacy life on forever!

jfaller

First Post
Dear Gary,

I'm sorry that I'm writing this at such a late hour... But it's GM's day you know, and well, it just seemed fitting.

Like the legions of fans who've come before me, I just wanted to say thank you. My life has been shaped by you and you never even knew who I was. But I certainly knew who you were. You were the man who created the keys to the kingdom. Who kept me company on long cold winter evenings and introduced me to people that I would call friends for the next 30 years.

I refuse to feel sad. What you've given me has been a gift far greater than you could have realized when you first set pen to paper. A game came to mind, but what you created was a culture. Imagine that.

Please just know that what you wrought has filled many a day with magic and laughter. And through your great works you shall live on in eternity. Via con Dios.

Your friend in imagining,

Jeff

Remove ads