• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gary Gygax health update

Bendris Noulg

First Post
It will be a sad day indeed when the need to keep a thesaurus on hand to read EGG's latest release is no longer a part of my life.

Take care, good sir.

Brother Ezra

First Post
Gary, I'll continue to pray for your improved health, and hope that you will continue to bless us with your creativity and imagination for many years to come. Dungeons and Dragons has brought a great amount of fun and enjoyment into my life, and was probably more influential in my life than I realize.
Good luck with quitting the smoking. It was hard, but I did it about 18 months ago and haven't gone back since.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Good luck on a speedy recovery, Gary. And ask the doc if you can swap in a Bombay Saphire Martini instead of the glasses of wine once in a while. ;)

Wycen

Explorer
Gary, glad to hear about your support network, (one I suspect is larger than any may expect), and they should speed your recovery along.

Best wishes!

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Thanks My Fellows!

Prayers and good wishes count a lot;)

A brief response to all of you:

The high blood pressure is likely the worst threat, and that's mainly from overweight surely. It is a double whammy to have to quit eating well and stop smoking at the same time. I am tapering off cigarettes, as I don't want to shock my system after 50 years of nicotine. Cutting out salt and fats isn't all that difficult for me, but making that pay in terms of weight loss is going to be hard indeed. Gin isn't forbidden, but the calories...

Anyway, I am working a bit now, and I expect to get back to productive creative time of an aveage of 30 hours a week soon--so much to write so little timel) While I have a lot of material on hand, the Castle Zagyg project needs to be designed and carefully crafted, so I can't consider cashing in my chips for a couple of years plus anyway :D

In all probability I will be plenty well enough to make the MILWAUKEE GAMEFEST. If you attend, please make a point of looking me up. I have a table in the exhibit hall, so that's a good place to find me...or son Alex.

Thanks again,
Gary

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Gary,

You're like a father to us all. Where would we be without you?

I wish you the best and hope you get well soon.

I'm sure you'll be good as new by Gencon so you could come hang out with all your old friends.

May the force be with you.

nopantsyet

First Post
God bless you, Gary. I'm glad to hear the outlook is positive and I hope the recovery and lifestyle changes come easily. Of course, like most people here, I don't actually know you, but your work has been a big part of my life for the past 22 years. So I raise my own glass to you for good health and long life.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads