• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gary Gygax health update

dhamon66

Explorer
Glad you're feeling better, Col.

Having just started using the CPAP machine for my sleep apnea I can tell you it takes a while getting used to, but it's worth the initial discomfort. Didn't know that sleep apnea can help increase high blood pressure so good luck with the CPAP machine.

Oh and if you feel like Frankenstein's monster during the sleep study (due to all the electrodes they glue to your head, chest and legs), just go with it and imagine all the little gamers you could crush if you really were the monster. :D

We're all very glad you're still with us, Gary.

Prof.Dogg

First Post
Best wishes & prayers...

Here's to ya, Gary! May God & His Son watch over you & protect you & yours. Know you walk with our prayers for recovery & full health.

-- Rich

DrSpunj

Explorer
As a Neurologist finishing up my training in a Sleep Medicine Fellowship, I am glad to hear you are feeling better and wish you well in your upcoming battles. While recovering from even a small stroke can take enormous amounts of physical, mental & emotional effort, it often seems easier than trying to change your habits & lifestyle to prevent another stroke from occuring.

Thankfully it sounds like you have a lot of personal strength and good support from both family and friends.

All the best to you.

DrSpunj

shoplifter

First Post
Best wishes Gary. You've given so many of us so much over the years, and I hope you have many more healthy ones to come. May you make all of your saving throws handily!

Last edited:

Zander

Explorer
Gary,

Really sorry to hear that you've been unwell :( but very pleased that you seem to be on the road to recovery. :)

All the best for a speedy and total comeback.

Or to borrow the lyrics from my favourite song in the FotR movie:

May an evening star shine down upon you.

Thinking of you ;),

Zander
London, UK

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads