• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GenCon] "(more) Road Construction News!" (Scouting and Info Within)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Henry, I think they just charge the Event registration ($60, I think?) and a $50 hotel deposit to your credit card. The rest of the hotel you pay for at the time.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
I've registered, but lacking the hotel deposit, I think I'll wait a few weeks to see exactly how many people I'll be sharing a room with. :) I don't mind a little drive to the center, anyway.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Registration done
Hotel done, went for a suite at the Adams Mark 4 people! Hey 160 a night and room to game, sure it is 4 blocks away but a quick cross to another hotel and it an indoor walkways!

They better not change it on me!

RodneyThompson

First Post
Piratecat, I saw nothing about a $50 deposit, only a $50 cancellation fee if I cancel my reservations. Where did you see anything about a deposit? I scoured the site while registering, and saw nothing about it.

Man, these rooms wen FAST! I registered, booked 2 of my rooms for the stay, and was in the process of booking the third when they ran out of rooms! Literally, from the time registration opened until the hotels ran out of room for our length of stay (23rd-28th) it couldn't have been more than, say, 10 minutes.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Should I continue to leave "Registration Open" as the title to the thread, change it back to "Scouting and Information" or change it to something else entirely?

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Mark, my suggestion is to incorporate both titles together, so that people know that registration is now open, but that this thread has good information for scouting and information. Call if something like "GenCon Registration Open: Scouting and Information within" or something like that.

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Alzrius said:
Mark, my suggestion is to incorporate both titles together, so that people know that registration is now open, but that this thread has good information for scouting and information. Call if something like "GenCon Registration Open: Scouting and Information within" or something like that.

Sounds good. I'll do that now. Thanks. :)

Quickbeam

Explorer
Are ALL of the hotel rooms listed on the Keeper's site already booked?!? I held off registering so that I could get a solid feel for who among those in my gaming group was definitely going to attend. It will truly stink if I now end up having problems finding a room nearby given the road construction!!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Moridin said:
Piratecat, I saw nothing about a $50 deposit, only a $50 cancellation fee if I cancel my reservations. Where did you see anything about a deposit? I scoured the site while registering, and saw nothing about it.

I might be imagining things. You certainly read it more carefully than I did. I was busy trying to prove to myself that I could get rooms....

Remove ads