• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Otu

First Post
SlagMortar said:
Was I ignoring you Tinner?
I think the problem is at another end. Tinner's character isn't listed as approved, for which I take full blame.
I checked my LEW emails, and I guess this is the situation: We had almost no problem with the character, but where puzzled by one piece of equipment he had and asked him. Though we didn't hear back, I occasionally scan over the characters to see if the issues were handled. In this case, I didn't, and a fully approve-able character did not get approved.

Tinner, I am sorry about that, and will remedy this immediately. If this was the reason you dropped out, please reconsider.

Bront

The man with the probe
Here's a great example of why you should never be afraid to poke a judge either here or in e-mail. They're not perfect.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Here's a great example of why you should never be afraid to poke a judge either here or in e-mail. They're not perfect.
Yup, and I always bother them, but I just hope I'm not too much of a nuisance :uhoh:

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok, now I'm confused.

We have what looks like a potential adventure hook, but it involves a player's personal character. I'd realy like to know if this is a hook or a player introducing a character, and if it's the second, if it's appropriate.

Patlin

Explorer
Bront said:
Ok, now I'm confused.

We have what looks like a potential adventure hook, but it involves a player's personal character. I'd realy like to know if this is a hook or a player introducing a character, and if it's the second, if it's appropriate.

Unless I've slipped off the adventure proposal list, I think I can safely say it's the introduction of a character. I understand why you're asking, but I considered it novel rather than inapropriate. Wouldn't want it to happen all the time, though.

Now if Gogo wanted to post in the general thread with a request for a specific adventure that his character might want to take part in, in order to follow up on the introduction, and should some generous DM volunteer to run such a thing... that'd be pretty cool IMO. Short of that, however, the little kitty wilder seems headed for anticlimax.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ok. I only ask because he did something that normaly only a DM would do, which was assume control of a character (Michael). Which is usually a big no-no for another character.

It was odd, but I guess not inapropriate, sometime's it's hard to tell though, and perhaps a warning would be good next time.

Don't look at me, I just started adventure #2 here, and have one pending for when my other adventure finishes.

gogo_jerrick

First Post
Setis Intro

Bront said:
Ok. I only ask because he did something that normaly only a DM would do, which was assume control of a character (Michael). Which is usually a big no-no for another character.

It was odd, but I guess not inapropriate, sometime's it's hard to tell though, and perhaps a warning would be good next time.

Don't look at me, I just started adventure #2 here, and have one pending for when my other adventure finishes.

I was just introducing my character, I wanted to actually rp out how I got to the inn. I also wanted to spice the inn up a bit, epecially when you have characters that sit at an inn for weeks/months real-time waiting. I wasn't assuming control of Michael, I just assumed he would follow me to the corner of the bar (he was already consoling me) and I left it up to him if he told the patrons of the inn my story. It wasn't an attempt to start an adventure, if it was then there would still be orc raiders running around throughout the town now wouldn't there be? Sorry for the confusion, just trying to put in my part. I don't really know much about EN World yet, I just know I want to be apart of it and it's crazy fun to rp like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads