General Discussion Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Who's judging Crux of the Matter? I know it's not KO, Bront, RA, or Erekose. =P
Much like most of my other adventures, nobody. I'd say it's me, KO, Bront, and Erekose working together ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
Erekose13 said:
Orussus has a purchase limit of 40,000gp right? Thats a +4 weapon max. Which requires what 12th level caster. <- so we need one of those.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Who's judging Crux of the Matter? I know it's not KO, Bront, RA, or Erekose. =P
I think we decided we probably didn't need one given the crew involved.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Hmm... so what's a judge's role in a game? Why did we assign a judge to every adventure? I can think of two reasons: 1st to make sure that the rules of LEW are being followed, and 2nd to act as a neutral third party in the event of a conflict.

If an adventure (like Crux) has judges in it, as DM and/or as players, does it need to be assigned a judge? This is an important clarification, I think. I smell a conflict of interest if either the players or the DM are also acting judge.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Hmm... so what's a judge's role in a game? Why did we assign a judge to every adventure? I can think of two reasons: 1st to make sure that the rules of LEW are being followed, and 2nd to act as a neutral third party in the event of a conflict.

If an adventure (like Crux) has judges in it, as DM and/or as players, does it need to be assigned a judge? This is an important clarification, I think. I smell a conflict of interest if either the players or the DM are also acting judge.
We aren't official acting judges, there is none officially. As far as I've seen, unless the GM is incompetent with rules and needs to ask the Judge to help with them (which I've seen happen), the only roles of the Judge are to pick up the game if the GM vanishes and to rumber-stamp the game closing (which anyone can do by checking the time since the beginning and okaying GM credits).

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, #1 isn't a concern due to the people involved. I can undersand #2 as a potential issue, but I think with 4 judges and Velmont, we should be able to resolve conflicts fairly and easily.

Of course, the biggest problem we've had so far is figuring out which way is up, and what sex, age, and race each character is now.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I reread it, and my last post sounds condescending/accusatory. I meant to pose it in a more inquisitive tone. Sorry! :eek:

The judge picking up a dead game is an important role, and one that I forgot to mention.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rae ArdGaoth said:
I reread it, and my last post sounds condescending/accusatory. I meant to pose it in a more inquisitive tone. Sorry! :eek:

The judge picking up a dead game is an important role, and one that I forgot to mention.
Sorite :)

It was a reasonable question to ask.

Velmont

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
For the record, I had Rilithorne make potions, specifically at least one love potion. (Well, technically, it was a half-made love potion that his apprentice screwed up.) That could be explained away by saying it was research for a spell or the apprentice has the Craft Potion feat (though that requires him to be L3... so I don't know).

A love potion would be most likely made with Craft Wounderous Item, as Elixir of Sneaking and other liquids that doesn't duplicates spells, and that would perfectly fit with teh stats I've given. Brew Potion allow to make potion that duplicate spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads