Ghaele Eladrin

pbd

First Post
Are Ghales described as a charcter race in any WoTC book?

I suppose it could be figured out from the MM, but there is no level adjustment listed.

Oh, and the "light ray" ability is not fully described.

I am playing an AAsimar with Ghaele blood and this may come up eventually.

Last edited:

TheGogmagog

First Post
werk said:
SRD says LA --

Edit after reading the OP again: other suggestions would be the Planar handbook and BoeD.
If LA - is the same as LA 0, then the ECL would be 10 for the HD.

The OP is correct the light ray does not give details. Note will-o-whisp also have a light ray that seems the same except the damage done. I recall I had some critical issue with it, perhaps against undead or even vampires. The issue never came up in game, but I never did find any clarification on light ray. I think I was going to manage it like searing light.

Edit: I don't know much about monsterous races, so I don't know if this is important. Note they advance in HD, not by class.

Last edited:

TheGogmagog

First Post
TheGogmagog said:
If LA - is the same as LA 0, then the ECL would be 10 for the HD.
After some further review I would guess LA - is that it is not a playble race.
Cure light, greater invis and wall of force at will and casting as a 14th level cleric, would place it at least ECL 24 in my opinion.

Even then I would limit at will to 5x per day.

Spell-Like Abilities
At will—aid, charm monster (DC 17), color spray (DC 14), comprehend languages, continual flame, cure light wounds (DC 14), dancing lights, detect evil, detect thoughts (DC 15), disguise self, dispel magic, hold monster (DC 18), greater invisibility (self only), major image (DC 16), see invisibility, greater teleport (self plus 50 pounds of objects only); 1/day—chain lightning (DC 19), prismatic spray (DC 20), wall of force. Caster level 12th. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Spells
Ghaeles in humanoid form can cast divine spells as 14th-level clerics. A ghaele has access to two of the following domains: Air, Animal, Chaos, Good, or Plant (plus any others from its deity). The save DCs are Wisdom-based.

Typical Cleric Spells Prepared (6/7/7/6/5/4/4/3; save DC 13 + spell level)
0—cure minor wounds, detect magic, guidance, light, resistance, virtue; 1st—bless, calm animals*, command, divine favor, obscuring mist, sanctuary, shield of faith; 2nd—aid, align weapon, bear’s endurance, hold animal*, lesser restoration, remove paralysis, zone of truth; 3rd—daylight, gaseous form*, prayer, remove curse, searing light, water breathing; 4th—death ward, dismissal, divine power, restoration, summon nature’s ally IV (animal)*; 5th—control winds*, flame strike, raise dead, true seeing; 6th—banishment, blade barrier, chain lightning*, heal; 7th—animal shapes*, holy word, summon monster VII.

werk

First Post
TheGogmagog said:
After some further review I would guess LA - is that it is not a playble race.
Good correction, LA 0 means no adjustment, LA-- means not playable, probably because their LA and HD = close to 20 or more so it's silly to add classes.

Didn't see them in BoED on a quick glance, but since it was in the SRD and MM1 it probably isn't reprinted.

I think there should be an LA for every entry, just for reference.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Azrael said:
Savage species has Ghaeles as a monster class progression
Not only that, but it's a 20 level class progression, because the ghaele is so powerful that it's not fit to play at full power except in the company of 20th-level characters.

i.e. it's ECL 20.

Remove ads