TSR Giantlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingual

Adventurer
The world would be such a better place if when someone who was attacked by bigots tells us that we are doing something wrong we listenned first instead of instantly explaining why they are wrong, or crying "not me!" all the time....
Right on. The tolerance levels for intolerance differ widely by our own personal experiences. It is a very personal thing and none of us have ever walked in every person's shoes.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Right on. The tolerance levels for intolerance differ widely by our own personal experiences. It is a very personal thing and none of us have ever walked in every person's shoes.

There's a weird thing though- on the internet, no one knows you're a dog.

Sir Brennen

Legend
This thread was all set to welcome Ward back with open arms and not so much as a slap in the wrist and I'll be damned if I let that happen, because that would just demonstrate how little this community actually cares about people like me.
I can't speak for the OP, but I viewed this thread as just watching another car about to go off the tracks in the TSR train wreck.

There's a lot of facets to said catastrophe. In addition to the open bigotry and other complete social media screwups, shady business practices, likely copyright violations and incompetent web presence, there's also this game, which was their only substantial product, and now is back with the original company that started the way overdue Kickstarter.

Given much of the laughable, obviously overblown hype surrounding the game, some of us are curious about it, with high expectations that it will be fairly underwhelming. Maybe it will surprise us, but that definitely doesn't mean we're necessarily going to buy or support it, because we know all the other stuff too.

Eubani

Legend
I can't speak for the OP, but I viewed this thread as just watching another car about to go off the tracks in the TSR train wreck.

There's a lot of facets to said catastrophe. In addition to the open bigotry and other complete social media screwups, shady business practices, likely copyright violations and incompetent web presence, there's also this game, which was their only substantial product, and now is back with the original company that started the way overdue Kickstarter.

Given much of the laughable, obviously overblown hype surrounding the game, some of us are curious about it, with high expectations that it will be fairly underwhelming. Maybe it will surprise us, but that definitely doesn't mean we're necessarily going to buy or support it, because we know all the other stuff too.
Largely you are right as to why I started this thread but there were 2 other reasons 1. Convenience in that future info on the game can be more easily found and 2. So the game and discussion around it did not drown out more serious discussion.

What I did not start this thread for was so people could defend Jim Ward quacking on a podcast with others that were also quacking and wondering if they are all ducks or not. If you quack you are a duck. If you go on to a podcast with ducks and quack you are a duck.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
I just don't understand how anyone could justify enabling these guys by pursuing this or any other products that may actually see release out of this whole debacle.

Dinehart went full batcrap bigot, Jim Ward turned into a milkshake duck, and Ernie can't seem to stop digging deeper into the hole he's dug for himself.

Giantlands and 3SR/Wonderfil(l)ed parted ways and I can't figure out how who, if anyone, looks better for it.

Eubani

Legend
Even with an apology and a course correction it does not change that all the claims that have been made about the game have been either dishonest or so far exaggerated that they may as well be a lie. So far I see low quality work and a lot of renamed stolen ideas. Why would I spend a single dollar on that?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Even with an apology and a course correction it does not change that all the claims that have been made about the game have been either dishonest or so far exaggerated that they may as well be a lie. So far I see low quality work and a lot of renamed stolen ideas. Why would I spend a single dollar on that?
That's a good point. I should have said "I won't even consider anything they produce." An apology and course correction aren't guarantees that their products are going to be worth buying.

Also, ducks don't deserve this treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases