• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Girls and charisma

Rashak Mani

First Post
Ok Piratecat... the part about getting new players we kinda know... we want to know how to get women to play !!! :)

Whats your secret in other words ?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Piratecat said:
We did it the easy way: found female friends who were somewhat interested in the genre, and taught them how to play. Once they learned, they knew other women who thought it would be fun, too!

I think that's the secret of teaching the game to new people, male or female. Now one of the female players (KidCthulhu) has taken over DMing, and it looks like she's going to do a great job. :D

Which proves that Pkitty has a high Charisma in real life. He knows how to bring in the babes! ;)

Has KidCthulhu succeeded in bringing in any of those "naked oiled love slaves" yet?

Psion

Adventurer
Furn_Darkside said:
It seems like you should be asking why women seem to like the rogue class.

Actually, I've noticed that trend to. IME \, women like to play wily, spry, witty young females... I see a lot of women play rogues.

seasong

First Post
My players, male or female, tend to try to get as high as possible in Constitution and Wisdom (or system equivalents) as possible without sacrificing whatever their class needs.

That way they can overcome all the pain, injury, disease, poisons, mind blasts and similar things I throw at them on a regular basis. :D

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
alsih2o said:
i think it is just that women realize that cha is THE stat in real life, and assume it will carry over :)

Funny, I always thought it was Intelligence and Wisdom that wer "THE" stats in real life. After all, they get you money, and money has its own charisma that comes with it :)

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Mistwell said:

Funny, I always thought it was Intelligence and Wisdom that wer "THE" stats in real life. After all, they get you money, and money has its own charisma that comes with it :)

Yeah, Bill Gates constantly has a problem with women throwing their panties at him at conferences.

FD

Miho

First Post
What???

I can't believe the amount of people that assume girls put a high stat in their charisma. Load of rubbish. We put high stats in the important abilities for the class we are playing, just like men. In fact the character I'm playing now has a charisma of 5 and no she's not a rogue either! :p

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Well, here's the trend I've noticed:

In one campaign of mine, I've got mostly males and one female. the guys all extoll the virtues of a high Charisma score (often to rediculous levels..."First highest in the prime score, next in Charisma"). The female played a sorcerer, so Charisma was her friend.

Can't blame her for choosing an effective score. :)

In my other campaign (which has everyone but me and one other dude as the guys in the group) it's variable. Again, one woman played a class which demands a high Charisma (the Paladin), and so had a respectable force of personality.

The other two were drastically different...

Lowest stat for the surly biped-hating Druid was Charisma
Fairly decent stat for the absentminded Wizard was Charisma

Hm...I'd say it's not a trend any more than the trend is for guys to play characters with high Strength, or for the more nerdy of us to play Wizards or whatever. Sometimes it's evident, sometimes it's not, and it probably doesn't mean anything even if there *is* something there.

...I like looking into the possible phsychologies for choosing a class. Y'know, the insecure, lonely girl choosing the outgoing Paladin. The wolf-obsessed nature girl choosing the Druid. The uber-nerd woman selecting the Wizard...

Yeah, I think there's reasons behind *everyone's* first character choice that are slightly subliminal. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads