• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM's: what was your first module?

Jupp

Explorer
DDA4 Dymrak Dread was the first module we played.

The two of the high points in the module was when the Ranger attempted to pray to the sarcophagus because he thought it was a shrine to a nature deity (so much for rolling a 20 on his Wis check). The result was a drained level due to a ranger praying in front of a wight. The other thing was the mage, the priest and the thief trying to drag a huge carpet out of Kosivikhs lair (worth about 1000 gold according to the appraisal check of the thief), out of the cave, through the swamp and back to Rugalov village... :eek:

Aris Dragonborn

First Post
I'm not quite sure, as it was long ago, but I think it was either Curse of the Azure Bonds or Queen of the Spiders (the super-module that combined the Giants modules and the Drow modules). Both were pretty fun.

JediSoth

Voice Over Artist & Author
If I remember correctly, the first module I ever ran was X1: Isle of Dread. My friend had the basic set, so I bought the expert set (being 8, we didn't realize that you really needed one for the other).

The first module I ever played in was B2: Keep on the Borderlands. I solo'ed it whooooooo! (the advantages of being 8 and not understand how it was "supposed" to be played).

JediSoth

Soel

First Post
My first module to run was The Eternal Boundary (Planescape.) Really great adventure!

I actually ran one of the seeds in the Planescape setting book first, the one about the runaway petitioner, but I ran far afield from the original plot, causing my own faction war (wayyy before that adventure ever came out.)

MonsterMash

First Post
Borshak's Lair from Dungeoneer #3 - OD&D (1974), the description includes spell lists from Greyhawk referenced by no. Now looking to convert this to 3.5.

diaglo

Adventurer
homebrew.

the first one i owned/purchased was B1 In Search of the Unknown in the 2edD&D Holmes Basic set.

i had Temple of the Frog in Supplement II Blackmoor before that but i never considered that a real adventure for use in the campaign as a start. way too high level.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Summer, 1981.

I tried to run S4, Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. As soon as the PCs saw their first robot they turned around and tried to flee the "dungeon." Uh oh! I wouldn't let them and said that the ship's door closed, so instead of exploring they sat next to the closed door for 12 hours. I tried to bribe them with a laser pistol. . . and they refused to touch it. I sent more wandering robots after them, and they tried to ignore them. Finally when they got outside, they walked away, and the players decided that they didn't want to play D&D that day. We went to the beach instead. I was appalled.

But it was a learning experience. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads