• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM's: what was your first module?

Guillaume

Julie and I miss her
The first one I played in was Keep on the Borderland, I think. The first one I ran was Palace of the Silver Princess... I think. That was sooo long ago. I must have been 8 or 9 at the time. Now I'm 33. You do the math. :D

Henry

Autoexreginated
Qualidar said:
Reading the recent spate of threads on DM experience makes me wonder: What's the first thing you ran?

For me, it was White Plume Mountain - with the D&D Basic rules.

Can you wonder why the PCs never survived it? :)

WizarDru

Adventurer
Keep on the Borderlands, baby.

TPK with KOBOLDS. Oh yeah, that's the stuff. The thing I remember most? The one magic-user named himself Photos, because he had the Light spell. Heh.

JoeGKushner

First Post
I did a lot of house brew stuff and didn't throw any 'real' adventurers at the PC's until much latter in the game but used ideas from Isle of Dread, In Search of Adventure, Ice Elves (Mayfair games), Elves (Mayfair), etc... into the stew. Man, I even remember some of the old Companion adventures like Brotherhood of the Bolt or the old Tengel Manor (not the original though), and the one with all the beasts men that was updated to 3rd ed last year by Necromancer games.

Good old memories.

heirodule

First Post
B1. In search of the unknowm

I had a trouble distinguishing 'halflings' from 'hirelings'

I also put a hydra and a purple worm in one of the rooms, because the suggested monsters seemed dull.

cildarith

Explorer
Keep on the Borderlands was my first as well.

BWP said:
It was a module in a very early issue of White Dwarf magazine: The Halls of Tizun Thane. Quite a cool little adventure, I thought (and the first appearance of several critters that later turned up in Fiend Folio).

[nitpick]The Halls of Tizun Thane introduced the nandie, its big brother, the nandie-bear, and the brain-eating guan d'eeko (sp?). These did not appear in the Fiend Folio.[/nitpick].

Definately a cool adventure though! :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads