D&D 3E/3.5 Gnome Poll

Have you ever house ruled gnomes out of a game?

• No way, I love the little guys!

Votes: 46 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • I haven't needed to, nobody's ever wanted to play a gnome.

Votes: 19 16.5%

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Who cast threadcromancy? Anyway, now that I’m here:

Gnomes in a different light

In my world, the gnomes were once the most powerful magic users on the planet.
Damn, this is the premise on my old homebrew also. The cliched ”ancient magical empire” was that of the gnomes, until they grew too ambitious and nearly destroyed the world with their magic. They were the ones who taught elves to use magic, who in turn taught the younger races.

Hoffmand

Explorer
I have seen lots of gnome wizards in 5E. I am currently playing a forest gnome paladin with oath of the ancients at 3rd level
Str 13
Dex 11
Con 12
Int 18
Wis 14
Cha 15

yes we did a slightly better array than normal. Skills are nature, arcana, religion, history. Using a modified version of the sage. He’s a discredited academic (falsely) that decided to practice ethics in the real world instead of teach it in academia. His discrediting isn’t due to scandal. Just that he is not being academically objective in his ethics according to the post modern and deconstructive philosophers at his former university.

Garyda

Villager
IN the sixty odd years of Playing AD&D and all it's versions I can't remember a single memorable gnomish character in any game one off or otherwise that I participated in. I do remeber the twin Goblin assassins Izzy Deadyet and Hitem Again. The overpowered and overpowering Gennedy Moir Human Female Grandmaster of flowers 18th level Illusionist who gave them a rather rude surprise. There was Dun Duck The master of cheesy puns, and and Chaos hunter but he was from an entirely different game world and system - Glorantha to be precise. And of course the most over powered range weapon ever Hard pull the longbow from
T&T that rolled something like 200d6 damage.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
My Shroompunk setting? The only PHB race is Human. Again, I have a bunch of races-- again, they're from a bunch of Worlds-- but the main races are "Tortles", "Warforged", Vanaras, Kobolds, Dromites, Ratfolk/Mouselings, maybe Scyleens (psychic octopus women from Fat Goblin), maybe Hobgoblin/Ogre Magi, maybe some kind of fairied up Elfs. Because my Appendix N isn't Tolkien and Howard, it's Nintendo and Mattel.

Shroompunk? Um, please tell me more

Remove ads