• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goblins in the Cellar (Bront judging)

Redclaw

First Post
I know not what we'll be doing, Justice responds. We found a note that said a group of goblins would be acting as lookouts for some undertaking tonight. We may be helping to foil a crime, in which case silence seems like a good idea. Or we may just be deliving a message to the councilman and then leaving.

Wik

First Post
"Prepare for a fight, Bal-" Jezira says. "In my experience, missions concerning Stealth tend to dissolve into sword fights anyways."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Balnibar shrugs. "Fight or flight, that is always the question. I just wish I could combine the two. Some kind of juggernaut rocket, perhaps. Although, perhaps not the best solution for looting afterwards."

Wik

First Post
Jezira smiles for a moment, and it seems as if the smile belongs there. But then she stares off for a moment, and says, "A running retreat, perhaps? We had to make a run like that, once, in Cyre.

We had gone deep under cover in a mission against the country, before we got discovered and had to make speed back to Karlakton. Three days running, without sleep. About half our group was killed - only be raised once more by our pig-skinned 'priest' in charge of the mission. 'Die twice in the name of the king', as they say."

Jezira shakes her head. "anyways. I think Justice is right. We should try to be as stealthy as possible. Goblins are cowards at heart, though - perhaps we should do our best to scare away as many as possible?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"A few well-placed thunderstones does a great job at scaring the opponent. Where are they holed up? What sort of numbers are we talking about?"

Mellubb

First Post
Sorry about the prolonged absence

"We do not plan to run away from these goblons do we? What is the sense in trying to find them if are not going to stop them?"

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: Feel free to contine with this discussion. Since it has been a number of days since the last post I'll go ahead and continue the adventure, we can consider it a different thread.

Shortly after dark you hear some noise from the top level of the tower. "The Councilman has arrived" announces Nathanziel without having left your presence. The lift goes up and returns with a gray haired but hearty man in splendid robes. You note he has a light crossbow on his back and a couple of wands in his belt. He wears an ornate bandoleer covered with pouches and pockets.

"Please stay seated, sorry to keep you waiting, I am Thellick Damfeur. I understand you are here on official Watch business, how can I be of assistance?" Thellick joins you at the table and sits.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Honestly, if we find they are stonger then expected, I don't care to run. No need to get kill for that. We can just stop them or arrest them, all depend on the risk that must be taken to have what we want. But teh most important is to have proof of it to give it back to Giovanne. He will be rewarding the job and I don't see a need to risk my skin if I don't have something to pay me." tell Benedict.

Nathanziel enter the place and Benedict become silent. As he asks if he needs assistance, Benedict turns toward Justice, who seems the one the others seems to follow. Benedict knows well it is not everyone who is seeing tehw orld as him, so better not to put them in a situation they don't like, it's bad for business.

Redclaw

First Post
Justice stands at attention as the Councilman enters. He nods in response to his statement and then responds to the question. While executing a contract to clear some goblins out of a building in the Cogs we happened across a note that detailed goblin involvement as lookouts for an unnamed endeavour here, at your place of business. We brought news to the watch, and were asked to bring you information of a potential threat. While the inspector we spoke to assured us that he would inform his captain, who would surely send you some assistance, he also suggested that you beef up your own security for the night, just in case. His message delivered, Justice leans back against the wall a bit, and stares straight ahead again.

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: Post another of those Diplomacy checks for Justice please Redclaw.

Thellick listens with interest and ponders the story for a brief moment. He turns to the guardsman and asks "Inspector?" to which "Giovianne" is responded. Thellick nods in recognition.

Thellick then turns back to Justice. "Do you still have this note in your possession? If so would you mind showing it to me please? Perhaps we can determine a motive or who is behind this 'unnamed endeavour' from context..."

Remove ads