Godslayer Template?

Mr.Satan

First Post
Does anyone have a template for someone that has slain all other deities in his pantheon? Some sort of "Godslayer" template?

My character did that and is currently a greater deity, but...he's the only one remaining.

He gave the power he took from the other gods to the abominations and titans after freeing them.

He had no interest in ascending further as a deity since it would just cause the abominations and titans to murder him.

They are grateful to him, but typical abomination and titan gratitude in our campaigns is to simply not murder you.

Although, in spite of their gratitude, I'm wondering if at some point some of them may try to kill him for their amusement anyways. :\

Hey there Mr.Satan! :)

Mr.Satan said:
Does anyone have a template for someone that has slain all other deities in his pantheon? Some sort of "Godslayer" template?

I would envision that the procured Quintessence would simply make you a more powerful deity...though I see below the character gave away this gained power.

My original Godslayer idea was that each pantheon would have its own godslayer, likely a monster born that was typically an adversary to the other gods (to avoid them getting complacent) but in some cases may have actually benefitted the Pantheon.

So monsters like Kingu, Fenris and Ma Yuan fill this role which would have been about Intermediate Power levels.

My character did that and is currently a greater deity, but...he's the only one remaining.

He gave the power he took from the other gods to the abominations and titans after freeing them.

He had no interest in ascending further as a deity since it would just cause the abominations and titans to murder him.

They are grateful to him, but typical abomination and titan gratitude in our campaigns is to simply not murder you.

Although, in spite of their gratitude, I'm wondering if at some point some of them may try to kill him for their amusement anyways. :

So in effect the character is trying to gain more power 'through the back door' (as it were) with a new template rather than ascend o Elder One and face those consequences?

Mr.Satan

First Post
Hey there Mr.Satan! :)

Ello :)

I would envision that the procured Quintessence would simply make you a more powerful deity...though I see below the character gave away this gained power.

Yes.

My original Godslayer idea was that each pantheon would have its own godslayer, likely a monster born that was typically an adversary to the other gods (to avoid them getting complacent) but in some cases may have actually benefitted the Pantheon.

He's a very successful Godslayer. He had some powerful backers assisting him, but he primarily did it on his own through a combination of stealth and outright slaughter.

So monsters like Kingu, Fenris and Ma Yuan fill this role which would have been about Intermediate Power levels.

o_o He was Demi (lots of class levels) initially, but stopped progressing at greater deity.

So in effect the character is trying to gain more power 'through the back door' (as it were) with a new template rather than ascend o Elder One and face those consequences?

Yes. He has no desire to become an Elder One and face the consequences. Because then the abominations and titans will kill him for certain. It's already precarious as it is.

While he doesn't mind a few attacking him now and then (since it allows him to sharpen his skills), having them all out to destroy him would certainly be the end of him.

How about something akin to the Amidah template? Not exactly 'The' Amidah, but similar. That's how I would handle it.

Last edited:

Mr.Satan

First Post
That would be a smidge too powerful. Something about half that powerful might be fitting. Something to put him on par with an elder titan. A roughly LA +40 template.

Mr.Satan

First Post
...or a second tier for this template that he already has...

Note: Mindrape and Postcognition are similar, however, mindrape allows the acolyte to rearrange a victims memories and belief system as they see fit, while Postcognition allows them to discern if this has already been done to their victim.

Fiend, Acolyte (Attendant)

[Description]

Creating an Acolyte

Acolyte” or “Attendant” is an acquired template that can be added to any evil- aligned creature (referred to hereafter as the “base creature”).

The acolyte uses all the base creature's statistics and special abilities, except, as noted here.

Size and Type: The base creature's type (unless it is Construct or Undead) changes to Outsider. The base creature also gains the daemon (neutral evil), demon (chaotic evil), or devil (lawful evil) subtype, as well as any perspective alignment subtypes. Size is unchanged.

Hit Dice: An acolyte has maximum hit points.

Speed: The base creature's speed doubles.

Armor Class: An acolyte retains the armor bonuses of the base creature and gains the following:

- Deflection Bonus (Ex): An acolyte gains a deflection bonus equal to it's Charisma modifier.

- Insight Bonus (Ex): An acolyte gains an insight bonus equal to it's Wisdom modifier.

Special Attacks: An acolyte retains the special attacks of the base creature and gains the following:

- Alter Reality (Su): An acolyte can use miracle at will as a swift action. An acolyte can also combine Automatic Metamagic Capacity epic feats (to increase the effective level of the miracle for greater results). Additionally it can use Alter Reality to give itself a circumstance bonus on all dice rolls equal to 9 + the number of Automatic Metamagic Capacity feats it possesses. But it loses this circumstance bonus any round it use the Alter Reality for any other purpose. Caster Level = Hit Dice. The save DC is Charisma-based.

- Postcognition (Su) : An acolyte can see into a being's past and learn it's history. The target must make a Will save or have their entire history become known to the acolyte. If the save fails, the GM should reveal any pertinent (written) facts about the individual's history. An acolyte can attempt to discern an individual’s history any number of times, but each time they successfully save against the acolyte's prying they gain a cumulative +10 circumstance bonus for their next save. The save DC is Charisma-based.

- Silver Tongue (Su) Anyone who hears an acolyte's voice must make a Will save or be charmed (as if by a charm monster spell). Use of this ability represents a swift action. Caster Level = Hit Dice. The save DC is Charisma-based.

- Spell-like Abilities: At will – gate, mindrape, soul bind; 3/day – shapechange; 1/week – epic repulsion. Caster Level = Hit Dice. The save DCs are Charisma-based.

Special Qualities: An acolyte retains the special qualities of the base creature and gains the following:

- Damage Reduction (Su): An acolyte gains damage reduction equal to half it's Hit Dice (round down; 5 = minimum). If the acolyte has 20 total Hit Dice or less then the damage reduction will be DR x/aligned [chaotic (if lawful) or lawful (if chaotic)] and magic or x/aligned [good] and magic. If the acolyte has greater than 20 total Hit Dice then the damage reduction will be DR x/aligned [chaotic (if lawful) or lawful (if chaotic)] and epic or x/aligned [good] and epic.

(i.e. A 10 Hit Dice chaotic evil acolyte gains DR x/good or lawful; and magic, allowing aligned (good or lawful) magic weapons to bypass it's damage reduction.)

- Spell Resistance (Su): An acolytes gains spell resistance equal to 10 + it's Hit Dice.

Saves: An acolyte gains a profane bonus to it's saves equal to it's Charisma modifier.

Abilities: An acolyte gains +18 Intelligence, Wisdom, and Charisma.

Challenge Rating: Same as the base creature +10 (with no equipment), or +15 (with 22 levels of equipment).

Alignment: Any evil.

Level Adjustment: Same as the base creature +15 (with no equipment), or +22 (with 22 levels of equipment).

Last edited:

I like it honestly, I think with some tweaking you could make that applicable to any god who owns the :):):):) out of the present hierarchy. Good or bad. :)

Mr.Satan

First Post
o_o He had this template before going on a god slaying rampage. I'd like to see a second tier of it or a similar, but different godslayer template that would represent his recent exploits. I recall Krusty mentioning that fiends had a second choir and a first choir of sorts. :\

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases