Going Nuclear:1D&D

Absolutely. I think many folks don't think things can work on a VTT because they don't want to use it in the first place. That's fine for a preference but its not a fact of capability.
That's probably right, but I guarantee it's not the case for my group. I am very comfortable with Roll20, my account is almost 9 years old and I have Pro subscription.

Our current 5e game makes extensive use of API scripts, dynamic lighting and all those nice resources you can find on the Roll20 community.

For instance, we have automation for turn tracking, applying damage, showing colored auras around the tokens to track HP, we use SmartAoE to automatically place effects, roll saving throws and apply conditions... My script library is currently running dozens of scripts and we make really good use of macros.

Even with all that, I still believe that 5e is so much easier to run online compared to 4e. Maybe just my personal opinion though.

Huh. I guess I wouldn't see much of a difference as long as you're using a map. Of course 4E wasn't set up for TotM, but as for the rest I'm not sure what difference it would make.
useing a battle map is cool, but it's not THAT hard to run TotM but I can't imagine filling out a roll20 character sheet for 4e... I'm going to create a 4e game and try to make 3 pregens and see how hard it is.

That's probably right, but I guarantee it's not the case for my group. I am very comfortable with Roll20, my account is almost 9 years old and I have Pro subscription.

Our current 5e game makes extensive use of API scripts, dynamic lighting and all those nice resources you can find on the Roll20 community.

For instance, we have automation for turn tracking, applying damage, showing colored auras around the tokens to track HP, we use SmartAoE to automatically place effects, roll saving throws and apply conditions... My script library is currently running dozens of scripts and we make really good use of macros.

Even with all that, I still believe that 5e is so much easier to run online compared to 4e. Maybe just my personal opinion though.
dude we should start a separate roll20 thread (maybe a nice sunny break from all the doom and gloom)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
useing a battle map is cool, but it's not THAT hard to run TotM but I can't imagine filling out a roll20 character sheet for 4e... I'm going to create a 4e game and try to make 3 pregens and see how hard it is.
Ever use Foundry? I know you are not fond of PF2, but its similar to 4E and it works like a charm. Not many PF fans will even use Roll20 anymore.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
Ever use Foundry? I know you are not fond of PF2, but its similar to 4E and it works like a charm. Not many PF fans will even use Roll20 anymore.
Do you know if it has 4e integration options? The main draw of R20 at this point is that someone already made a programmable character sheet (and, at least for me, I was able to code up all my powers to work nearly automatically.)

Vaalingrade

Legend
The universe knows I'm boycotting.

Walked into one of our FLGS's and they had a copy of the alt cover of Eberron: Rising From the Last War and a deal on the Brother's War booster boxen. Not that they care, but I got my year-end bonus Friday and WotC lost an easy $200.

I bought Beast Boy Loves Raven and a couple of Teen Titans trades at the comic shop next door instead to reward DC for formally killing the Snyderverse instead.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases