• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Going to run a GURPS game, Sign up now!

GWolf

First Post
I don't know, I am sure another few will pop up, anmd if worse comes to worse, I'll make a neater looking post with all the info. One Question, would you be against making the 'present time period' for Earth WWI or WWII?

Characters can be from anyworld, Earth Reccomended, The way it all starts is everyone falling through a hole an ending up in Grith, except for PCs from Grith. Hmm, on earth the precent of population that has world jumped at one time is slightly less then like 2%. On the otherworlds, it is between 10-20% of the population, but still is not extremly common. There is limited trade between the four small worlds as well.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Well while I have nothing against the period, I don't think I could do a character justice. I'm not familiar enough with the period. I know the highlights of the war but the background... What was America like before the war, what was common slang, what type of equipment was used, I don't even know these in a broad sense. At least I "think" I'm familiar with the old west, civil war, 20's, 30's, 50's-present. I probably don't know as much as I think I do of those periods, but I have the illusion. The periods you mentioned were so dominated by those wars, that they are all I know of the period. Since we would be leaving the earth behind I would have nothing to sink my teeth into character wise, I would be floundering, I would be both unfamiliar with the new world and the old.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Yes I have seen that time period in a few movies. Mostly the old west but bicycles and motorbikes making an appearance. Although they were a novelty in the movies, I assume they were more common place by 1910. Well actually I guess the automobile would have made an appearance by then. After all its only seven years untill WWI. I also saw that the .45 the military used for so long made its debut in 1911 on the history channel the other night. When was the Wright Brothers flight? I know you are interested in aviation from KitanaVors game. Unless it was a lot quicker than I realized I assume it had already happened by 1910. Were barnstormers in vogue by 1910?

GWolf

First Post
Debut fly, 1903. Your other stuff is correct, cars have appeared but dont become very popular or affordable until 1920's.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Well since you don't know what they are, you may not be able to answer the question. They were the early pilots that put on aerobatic airshows. Since their weren't many if any airports at the time they landed and performed their shows at farmers fields.

I assume in the fall after the crops had been harvested. You may have seen an old film loop of one crashing into a barn, it seems to get around.

rangerjohn

Explorer
No but I have msnchat and yahoo messenger.

ranger32202 for msn and masterj_32202 for yahoo. Although I don't usually use them, so we would have to make prior arrangements.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads