Good Mini's for Serenity

beldar1215

Explorer
Hello,
I'm looking for some good mini's for a Serenity game. Free or cheap paper minis would be fine. Any ideas or help out there?

Beldar

Ktulu

First Post
Reaper has a slew of modern/sci-fi inspired pewter minis... Some of them would work great; they have both western and pulp adventure types that, with the right paint job, would be awesome.

I'd mix in some star wars minis, as well. There's a lot of good ones that aren't "iconic".

Last edited:

DonAdam

Explorer
I got these packaged with QAGS Firefly. It is no longer available due to copyright issues, but I don't see why these wouldn't be legal. The creator's name is embedded in the file.

Cardstock would work best.

Attachments

• FireflyFigures.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 243

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Not free, but pretty nice looking miniatures...

Heresy has some nice 'Not the Firefly Crew' miniatures. Reverend Shephard, Captain Nathan, and Haylee. :p

hsf007_2.jpg

hsf017_haylee_1.jpg

hsf016_shephard_1.jpg

The miniatures actually look better than the photos....

Along the same lines - Reaper has a mini in the Chronoscope line that might work for an engineer.
50016_w_2.jpg

What can I say - I like wenches with wrenches. :)

The Auld Grump

Wik

First Post
I have that last mini! Only, I gave her the gun. Also, the imperial soldiers in the firefly series wear the same armour that was used in the Starship Troopers series - Joss Whedon even admits to this in the commentary (they were cheap!). So, pick up some starship trooper minis, and you're golden.

rgard

Adventurer
I have that last mini! Only, I gave her the gun. Also, the imperial soldiers in the firefly series wear the same armour that was used in the Starship Troopers series - Joss Whedon even admits to this in the commentary (they were cheap!). So, pick up some starship trooper minis, and you're golden.

You'll want to find the Mobile 'Light' Infantry figs. Those are metal, not the plastic ones that come with the original boxed set. The plastic ones wear heavier armor, IIRC, or different armor than what was seen in the movies.

Thanks,
Rich

rgard

Adventurer
Maybe not for the OP as it looks like you've found what you wanted, but for others reading the thread you can check out Copplestone Castings:

Copplestone Castings

There are loads of pulp-type miniatures and future figs. Copplestone Castings is in the UK. I'm in the US and have ordered from them in the past and never had a problem with the order. Also, the shipping cost to the States is reasonable at 10% of the order.

Great sculpts. I can't say enough good stuff about Copplestone.

Thanks,
Rich

Remove ads