D&D 5E Goodman Games What's coming down the Pike for 5e.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Yes, bigger fights and rest restrictions are the main dials. How often do you allow rests...?
Long rest once a day. Short rests twice a day. But I also do wandering monsters and any combat interrupts rests. So trying to long rest in a random dungeon hallway is…comedy gold. I try to push for timers to keep things moving and I generally do fewer, bigger fights.

Plus house rules.

Parmandur

Book-Friend, he/him
Long rest once a day. Short rests twice a day. But I also do wandering monsters and any combat interrupts rests. So trying to long rest in a random dungeon hallway is…comedy gold. I try to push for timers to keep things moving and I generally do fewer, bigger fights.

Plus house rules.
Try more, like a lot more, smaller fights. Or more, bigger fights.

Peter BOSCO'S

Adventurer
All you need to do to make 5e dangerous is ignore the suggestion that one monster of their CR is an appropriate encounter and instead have them face a number of monsters equal to their party size, each of their CR.

JEB

Legend
Didn't watch the video, do they provide any clues about "Rule of Three"? Sounds like a Planescape reference, but that's out of their usual wheelhouse for 5E material.

Remove ads