Gospog's Omega World Story Hour

Gospog

First Post
Thanks, Tsunami. It's great to see some "familiar faces" posting.

Glad you like Joe Deathstick. The guy who plays him laughed so hard during character creation that he was actually crying more than once. And the laughs didn't stop at character creation. Our group always laughs and has a good time, no matter what we're playing. But it seems like Omega World was made with groups like us in mind. We love it!

Doc N, where did you get that forklift wav file? Very...um, impressive. Seriously, thanks for posting. Stay tuned, more irradiated action is on the way!

Gospog

First Post
Dome of Doom!

Thunder Mountain looms ahead of them. On the near side, there is a silver dome high up on the mountain side. There are a few metal towers surrounding the dome, and purple lightning arcs between them. From within the dome, screams can be heard.

There appears to be no obvious way into the dome. It is a sheer climb of 100 feet to the base of the dome, and no doors or windows are evident.

Corn Starch, peering up at the dome, spots an exhaust vent at the base of the structure. Still, the climb remains daunting.

As the PCs watch from nearby bushes, a seam opens up in the side of the mountain. A large concealed door swings open (hinged at the top). A man walks out of the opening. He is holding a few nets and rope. He is tall and blond ,looks very strong, and is wearing a clean white jumpsuit with the number 11 marked on the front and back. Some kind of rifle is slung on his back.

As he walks by the PCs, Corn Starch and Smokin Beaver begin a whispered discussion as to what should be done. As soon as the mysterious man's back is to the group, Joe Deathstick breaks cover and makes a mad dash for the door way.

As the man walks farther away from the mountain, an invisible signal is sent. The secret door begins to swing shut. Joe Deathstick leaps for it. Luck is not with him, however, and literally falls short of his goal. Joe dives and lands half-in and half-out of the mountain. The secret door slams down on his "armor tube" with a loud clang.

The blond man stops, turns, and sees Joe caught in the doorway. He walks up to the prone mutant, and throws a net over him. Joe Deathstick has quills as one of his mutations, and is immediately enmeshed in the sturdy net. The blond man gestures, and the door swings open again. just as he is about to stoop and pick up his captive, Corn Starch and Smokin Beaver run from the bushes with thier weapons drawn!

Smokin Beaver delivers an overhead slice with her axe, that lays open the blond man from shoulder to elbow. Electronic parts and wires fly out of the hole.

"Robot!", yells Smoking Beaver as she winds up for another swing.

"Thanks for the update!" shouts Corn Starch as his spear thrust misses the blond man by inches.

Meanwhile, Joe began crawling, inching his way into the mountain. It was hard to see from down on the ground, but it appeared he was in a long white hallway. Three steel doors lined the right-hand wall, and double steel doors stood at the far end of the hall. As Joe struggled forward, inch by inch, the double doors at the end of the hall made a "pinging" noise and began to slide open.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
This is just great!!! Your really upsetting me that I can't play, This issue can't hit the stands soon enough.....

drnuncheon

Explorer
Gospog said:
Doc N, where did you get that forklift wav file? Very...um, impressive.

Mystery Science Theater 3000, Episode #310: Fugitive Alien!

There's this guy, see. And he tries to kill this other guy. With a forklift. And so Joel and the 'bots sing about it.

J

Gospog

First Post
Um, the new issue. The latest, that is.

Not too sure about the issue number. The Dungeon side has an Illithid on it. The Poly side has a Star Wars magazine advert on it, with a picture of a clone trooper.

I haven't actually read the D&D adventures in the issue yet, but they look pretty cool.

Subscribing to Dungeon is great!
Apart from having played almost every mini-game in Poly so far, when my group goes back to our in-progress D&D game, I will have plenty of adventures ready! ;)

Remove ads