Gospog's Omega World Story Hour

Gospog

First Post
The Thrilling Conclusion!

The three companions rode the elevator up to the top of Thunder Mountain. With a mechanical hiss, the metal doors slid open, revealing a scene both fascinating and terrifying.

The dome is actually transparent from the inside. The view of the surrounding area is breathtaking. Deep green forests stretch off for miles in every direction, teeming with mutated life. Also of note are the many village members in cages all around the dome, as well as the two large men in white jumpsuits standing at the center of the dome, on a raised dais.

Both of the men on the dais have Artifact weapons holstered at their belts, and are busy running what appear to be torture-based tests on their villager captives. The room is filled with complicated-looking banks of equipment. Of the two men, only one is talking, and his white jumpsuit bears the number 4 on it. He is bald and wears small spectacles clipped to his nose. The other, who is listening attentively, has the number 27 on his jumpsuit. He looks somehow "less perfect" than #4 or #11 (the blonde man).

As for their captives, all but one are obvious mutants. Each of them is held in either a glass booth or some kind of energy field. One is a mutated elephant. The second appears to be a Purestrain human female. There is a mean-tempered Hisser in another glass booth and two mutated rats next to him. The last captive is a mutated human. He has purple skin and an enormous cranium.

As the heroes enter, it becomes obvious that the two men in white jumpsuits are too preoccupied to notice them, at least for the moment. They quickly take cover behind a bank of whirring machinery.

CS: We need a plan. We can sneak up on them or something.

SB: I've got a plan, and it's a winner!. Listen up...

After a brief whispered planning session, Corn Starch disappears from the material plane and makes his way to a spot analogous with the location of the men in white. The men are busy causing purple lightning to arc into the body of the large elephant mutant, causing him to trumpet in agony. On Smokin Beavers' signal, Joe Deathstick strolls up to within 10 or so feet of the men.

JD: Hey guys, I need some help zipping my fly!

The men whirl on him in shock. The one with the glasses yells, "Kill him!" and they both draw guns from their jumpsuits.
Joe concentrates, and waves of energy drain out of the room, and into him. One of the mutant rats slumps over in his glass cage, unconscious. The man with the glasses (#4) seems unaffected, but #27 falls to his knees and drops his laser pistol!

The man in the glasses shoots at Joe but misses. Just then, Corn Starch appears behind #4 with a loud popping noise.

CS: Say hello to my little friend.

Blaster bolts tear into #4, blowing him to bits and scattering mechanical pieces everywhere.

"NO!", screams #27, "You will never defeat the Created!" He lunges for Joe Deathstick, intent on choking the life out of him.

Meanwhile, Smoking Beaver targets the banks of machinery with her blaster rifle. Machines hiss and spark and they explode and belch black smoke. The energy cells shut down and the glass cages lift. The captives are free. Most of the mutants run for the door, but the human woman heads for a bank of machines that is still intact and starts typing on a large keypad.

Joe Deathstick is under attack from the crazed #27. He is unable to get sufficient room for a charge with his horns. Corn Starch sights down the barrel of his blaster rifle, steadies his claws, and fires. #27 explodes in a spray of blood and gore! Joe Deathstick is covered.

JD: Blood? I thought these guys were androids?

Smokin Beaver is now standing with the human woman at the computer bank.

SB: That's not important right now. My new friend, Crystal, tells me that this entire complex is going to blow up in three minutes! Looks like androids are sore losers. Let's go!

Pausing only to grab a few relic weapons, the companions and Crystal run to the elevator. A torturously long elevator ride later, they emerge on the ground floor and spring out of the mountain. They run till their legs ache, heading deep into the woods.

Time seems to freeze as the mountain complex explodes, sending out a tremendous shockwave, flattening trees and sending the heroes crashing to the ground.

The threat of Thunder Mountain is no more!

SB: That was close!

CS: Yeah, lets’s go home. I need a drink.

JD: Yeah, and I need…a bath.

Laughing, the three friends started the long walk home.

THE END

Gospog

First Post
Thank you!

Thorntangle,

This was only episode 1! My players had so much fun they DEMANDED another game (or three).

I have already written "Reading is Fundamental", and am now just trying to find time to run it.

I plan on running at least three games in this story arc. However, I really am itching to get back to our Star Wars campaign, and wrap that story arc up.

I've also had requests to revisit our Shadow Chasers and Pulp Heroes campaigns...aggh! Too many games! Must quit job! My pain only increased when I read the ENWorld main page this morning. I WILL be running Mecha Crusade. Gotta love giant robots.

DaveLozzi,
When the time for "Reading is Fundamental" draws nigh, I will be in touch.

Thank You to everyone for all of the feedback. I'm glad everyone enjoyed reading about this game so much. Who knows, maybe I'll post my next game as well?

Arclight

First Post
I just wanted to say I really enjoyed this story hour. I'm a loooong time fan of Gamma World. I think you captured the spirit perfectly. Also, the minis are dope!

thanks!

Gospog

First Post
Arclight,

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am considering converting the mini's to reflect the new gear that the PCs have picked up, and you've totally inspired me! Thanks!

I also hope to eventually post pics of the killer robot (a conversion from a toy I bought) and some of the other mutants.

This game was followed up by a second game that was also wildly successful. Now the players are howling for a third. I hope I can find the time!

Vaxalon,

Thanks for the kind words. You're campaign looks like a blast. I don't have the time to sign up, but I wish you the best of luck! Go nuts!

Remove ads