Gospog's Omega World Story Hour

Gospog

First Post
Hey, PC, there's always room for "special guest stars". In fact, Davelozzi and I have been discussing this very idea.

I will be contacting you and KidCthullhu "when the stars are right".

And you've got to see the latest batch of Omega World mini's. I whipped up a mutant elephant and converted up a Hisser. Things are going to get ugly. ;)

Gospog

First Post
Rumble Under Thunder Mountain!

Joe Deathstick looked up from the cold white floor. He had inched himself totally into the corridoor and watched as the double metal doors at the end of the hall slid open. Some sort of robot rolled out. It rolled on rubber treads and had eight mechanical arms. Each arm ended in some sort of cleaning device: spray bottles, rags and squeegees. The front plate of the robot had the word "Herbie" stenciled on it in black.

As Joe watched, Herbie rolled up to the first door in the corridor and inserted a green card in a slot by the door. The door slid open, Herbie rolled in, and the door quickly shut.

Joe squirmed forward with renewed determination. He couldn't keep up with the tracked robot, not all trussed up in the net, but when the robot emerged from that room, he would be waiting!

Outside, the blond man was pummeling Smokin Beaver mercilessly. She swung again and again with her axe, only to have most of the blows deflected with inhuman force. Smokin Beaver was knocked to the ground, and tried in vain to pull her axe out from under her enormous beaver tail.

The blond "man" levelled his blaster rifle at her enourmous front teeth. Corn Starch stared hard at the blaster rifle and concentrated. Frost rimed the barrel. A bead of sweat rolled down Corn Starchs' brow. A ball of ice about the size of a soccer ball suddenly encased the blaster barrel.

The blond man growled and whirled on the scaly mutant.

CS: Smokin, get inside and help Joe!

SB: Done! We'll meet you inside!

As Smokin Beaver sprinted into Thunder Mountain, the blond man brought the ice-encrusted blaster rifle down on Corn Starch's head, knocking him to the ground.

Inside the mountain, Herbie exited the first room in the hall and slotted his card to enter the second. As the second door slid open, Joe Deathstick propelled himself forward, through the doorway. He and Herbie were in some sort of armory. Most of the weapons were crude Omega weapons; swords, spears and the like. Six weapons stood out: three blaster rifles and three vibro-blades!

Struggling to his feet, Joe slowly but surely freed himself of the constricting net. Joe realized that if this room held this many artifacts, he would have to check the other rooms as well. But he would need a way to get into those rooms. Herbie rolled by to polish some swords stacked against the wall. Joe followed...

Thorntangle

First Post
Great mutie action, Gospog! I really enjoyed your previous SH and this one is shaping up to be just as good. It has the same underlying whimsical tone and I really like the strategic use of exclamation points!

Gospog

First Post
Thorntangle, thanks!

Yeah, I know variety is good and all, but pretty much every game we play winds up being "funny" in one way or another. And we wouldn't have it any other way. ;)

I am trying to use my success with exclamation points as a springboard to expand my literary repetoire. Watch upcoming posts for "parentheses" and the occasional rampant semi-colon.

Seriously, though, thanks for the feedback. Keep reading, it only gets better!

Breakstone

First Post
Say, Gospog, I just picked up Dungeon #94 today, and if you don't mind me asking a rules question about Omega World in this thread...

Under Chart 1-2, Mutant Stock Statistics, it shows Stock Mutations and Random Stock Mutations for each race. Do they start with these? or do you roll for them on the Mutations chart?

Gospog

First Post
Tsunami, ask away! This seems to be a likely place to get some answers.

The way we handled mutations is this:

First we automatically applied any "Stock Mutations". (did not count these towards mutaion points)

Then we rolled for ONE Random Stock Mutatiion, but didn't charge mutations points for it.

We then applied the Stock Defect. We assumed this stock defect would balance out any stock mutations.

This may not be the correct way, but it worked for us! We didn't really mull it over too long, we just wanted to start playing!

Good luck and have fun! ;)

Remove ads