Gospog's Omega World Story Hour

drnuncheon

Explorer
Tsunami said:
Say, Gospog, I just picked up Dungeon #94 today, and if you don't mind me asking a rules question about Omega World in this thread...

Under Chart 1-2, Mutant Stock Statistics, it shows Stock Mutations and Random Stock Mutations for each race. Do they start with these? or do you roll for them on the Mutations chart?

I think the stuff on Chart 1-2 are what you use when you roll 'Stock Mutation' on the random mutations chart (or 'Stock Defect' on the random defects chart). Otherwise all mutant humans would be size small, and that doesn't seem right.

J

Gospog

First Post
The next episode!

Outside the mountain, Corn Starch has been subdued by the blond "man" and tied up securely with some ropes.
The mysterious man drops him roughly to the ground. Stooping slightly, he bangs his ice-encrusted gun against the ground, freeing it of the icy blockage.
His attention turns back to the remaining two mutants running amok inside Thunder Mountain.

Inside the mountain, Joe Deathstick has made short work of Herbie. Herbie is a resilient robot, but consistent charges with Joe's sharp horns have worn him down (and smashed him into little pieces). Joe has also managed to free himself from the net he was tangled in.
Joe is exultant! He has freed himself, defeated a robot, and the green access card is his! Or, it would be...if he could just pick it up. Frustrated, Joe waits by the door for the next cleaning robot.

Smokin Beaver sprints down the hall of the complex and skids to a halt outside the first room. She examines the steel door in front of her, glancing in vexation at the small slot in the wall next to it. Suddenly, blaster fire arcs by her, singing her tail and causing the double doors at the end of the hall to spark violently! The blond man outside has spotted her!
Smokin Beaver decides she needs to access this door in front of her. Smiling, she pulls her "universal access card" off her back and loads two shells into it. One blast demolishes the lock mechanism. The door slides open, she dashes inside, and the door closes behind her.

Outside, Corn Starch endeavors to buy Smokin Beaver the time she needs to get to cover. Again he concentrates, and again a block of ice forms on the barrel of the man's blaster rifle. Furious, he whirls on the prone scaly mutant. Corn Starch decides that in this instance, discretion is the better part of valor. With a loud "popping" noise, he disappears from sight. In a place removed from time and space, Corn Starch gets up, starts walking, enters an area analogous to Thunder Mountain. Irritated, the blond "man" shrugs and heads for the mountain entrance.

Inside the first room of the hallway, Smokin Beaver finds rack upon rack of cleaning supplies. Grinning, she mixes some noxious chemicals together and pours them into a spray bottle. She then settles into a cunning hiding place behind the mops.

Corn Starch flexes his mutant mental muscles, "popping" back into our reality in the third room of the hallway. He finds himself surrounded by cells of blaster ammunition. Finding himself alone, he begins the long and demanding process of extricating himself from his rope bindings. He can then see about finding the others. He doesn't even need an access card.

In the weapons room, Joe Deathstick waits by the closed door, occasionally glaring at the green access card lying on the floor and the remains of Herbie. He jumps a foot into the air when Corn Starch materializes out of thin air.

Corn Starch: Hey, Joe, where you goin with that gun in yo- oh, that's not funny for you, huh?

Joe: Corn Starch! I'm glad you're here. Look at all these relic weapons! Hey, what happened to that blond guy? You and Smokin kick his ass?

The door to the room slides open. The blond man is standing there holding his blaster rifle and his vibro-blade and looking furious.

Corn Starch: Funny you should ask.

Blaster shots light up the room. Corn Starch sees his spear on the floor in the hallway, past the blond man, and dives for it. Joe Deathstick backs up, gets a running start, and slams into the blond man horns first! The stranger falls backwards over the kneeling Corn Starch, and goes crashing to the floor. His weapons go skittering down the hall. Working together, Joe and Corn Starch reduce the "man" to a pile of mechanical parts.

Smokin Beaver hears the ruckus in the hall. Bored of waiting around, she runs into the hall to find her two friends and the ex-android.

Smokin Beaver: Nice work, boys. Lets get these blaster rifles loaded, I have a feeling we're going to need them when we find out where the elevator at the end of the hall goes.

Corn Starch: Isn't it obvious where it goes? It can only go to one place. That elevator is sure to take us to the DOME OF DOOM!

Gospog

First Post
At last! The miniatures!

OK, by request, here are the mini's we used to play this game (the player characters, at least).

I was shocked when I saw these pictures. My wife's camera takes pictures in such detail, that all I see in the pictures are the spots where I messed up painting or sculpting! Ah well, I can always touch them up later.

Feedback always appreciated.

http://gospog.tripod.com/smokin_beava.jpg

http://gospog.tripod.com/joe_deathstick.jpg

http://gospog.tripod.com/corn_starch.jpg

Well, the links don't seem to be working. Please copy the URL and paste it into your browser. Free web account and all that. :(

By the way, if anyone wants to grab these, and post them properly, feel free. My free web accounts (tripod, Geocities) don't allow linking straight to them.

(Edited to reflect the fact that the links don't work correctly.)

Last edited:

Gospog

First Post
Thanks and thanks!

Smokin Beaver started out as a Japanese-style mini from a game called Warzone. I sculpted the snout onto her face, and drilled her butt,inserting a wire loop for the tail. I then puttied over the tail, and swapped out her katanna for the crossbow.

Corn Starch is mainly a snake man (Stygian) from a game called Chronopia. I added a belt, some pouches and a bedroll with putty.

Joe Deathstick actually started out as Greedo from a Star Wars boardgame called Epic Duels (awesome source for Star Wars minis). I cut off his head and arms, and added a head from an old Warhammer psyker (adding horns). I then used putty to make his "Mario Brothers" pipe armor and give him knee pads and cool shoes. He was definately one of my favorite projects to date.

And I've got more Omega World minis on the way, including a mutant Elephant and a Hisser. Stay tuned.

Gospog

First Post
Thanks, Thorntangle.

I already belong to the Mini Sculptors group, I'm just not very active within the group these days. That group is excellent for total beginners (I consider myself a semi-beginer), however, and I encourage one and all to join.

I don't think I'd enjoy a painting E-group, on the other hand. I paint my miniatures VERY fast, witha focus on quantity over quality. Most painting fourums and groups have different goals for painting than mine.

In any case, thank you for both the feedback and the links.

Incidentally, I posted a Story Update at around the same time as I posted the mini pics. Be sure to check it out, I'm afraid it's going to be permanantly overshadowed by the mini's! ;)

Thorntangle

First Post
Gospog said:
I don't think I'd enjoy a painting E-group, on the other hand. I paint my miniatures VERY fast, witha focus on quantity over quality. Most painting fourums and groups have different goals for painting than mine.
There are painters of all types, inclinations, speeds, styles and levels. Historic, Fantasy/SF, sculptors, converters, lurkers, gamers - there's something for all. But we all do admire the beautiful minis that get posted there every day. It feeds the addiction and fosters the figmentia.

Incidentally, I posted a Story Update at around the same time as I posted the mini pics. Be sure to check it out, I'm afraid it's going to be permanantly overshadowed by the mini's! ;)
Oh yeah. That was pretty good too ;)

Edit: BTW, there are 2 new mini lines that would be perfect for Omega World. Cell's 1999 and Dark Age by the artist Brom. Post-apocalyptic goodness with style out the ying yang. Check them out at http://www.newwave.org/GW.html (with the standard disclaimer: But for the love of god, don't actually order from them)

Last edited:

Remove ads