Got e-Tools, finally!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, I finally got it (after totally forgetting to grab a copy at Gen Con). I've only had time to glance at it so far (made up a quick 5th level character) but already I'm annoyed by the lack of documentation or mouse-over tooltip thingies. That said, it does appear to be more comprehensive than I expected, and I'm not one of those who gives a flying monkey about a pretty interface.

I think it's a little expensive for what you get, but probably worth having. I'm going to have to play with it a lot more before I decide, though! Now if only I can figure out how to use the darn thing! :)

Tarek

Explorer
Documentation

Go through the "help" file. That has a surprising amount of information, including a page on "how to buy a magic item (potion, wand, scroll)." That would have saved me half an hour of screaming frustration if I'd read the manual first...

It can give you a quick run-through of the most common functions, and can give some help with the more esoteric ones too. The manual does assume that you can find your butt without using both hands, so it strikes some people as being a little simplistic and inexact. :) That said, the help function is quite useful. It also allows you to pull up the text of spells, feats, and item descriptions taken straight from the books, which also helps a lot when planning a character or levelling up.

Tarek

Vrylakos

First Post
Hey, I'm not Morrus... but I'd like to have a few run throughs of some of the more arcane things, like buying a Magic Item and stuff. I did a bard/medusa... took me a retry, but I think I got things working... Beyond that, I'd love some info!

Vrylakos

Tarek

Explorer
E-Tools help file

Well, the help file/manual is accessible by opening up E-Tools, clicking on "Help" and then on "Contents." :)

I still haven't gone through it, because it's a "Help" file and not a printed manual, but it looks like several frustrating features are explained in the file.

Tarek

machine

First Post
Re: E-Tools help file

Tarek said:
Well, the help file/manual is accessible by opening up E-Tools, clicking on "Help" and then on "Contents." :)

I still haven't gone through it, because it's a "Help" file and not a printed manual, but it looks like several frustrating features are explained in the file.

Tarek

I printed the 'help' file out. I think it is about 75 pages. Things are a little clearer for me when I have something tangible to read. :)

Morrus: the help file is useful for learning how e-tools works and printing a copy helped me.

Vrylakos

First Post
Hm, does anyone have the help file saved as one big file? I'm not at home, but have a printer here at the library.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance...

Vrylakos, the needy.

Knightcrawler

First Post
Should be around 21 or 22 Pounds. As far as I remeber the conversion is 3/5 of a English Pound to 1 US Dollar. Or it was a little while ago. Just one of those useless facts I have floating around my hea.

Morrus, I definitely would be interested in finding out your opinion on it after you've had time to play with it. I just broke down and got it but haven'y had any time to look at it yet. To many RL concerns.

Remove ads