• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Got the D&D 4e Starter Set...So whatcha wanna know?

justanobody

Banned
Banned
In the "players book" at the beginning it mentions... "For the complete experience, including chracter creation and the full rules of the game, pick up the D&D PHB, DMG, MM, and check out www.dndinsider.com for even more information.

At the back of the "DM's book" it has the full colour ad for dndinsider, like the ones in the PHB, DMG, etc...

Thanks for the info. So it doesn't even mention that the character builder exists and will have a few levels free?

justanobody

Banned
Banned
Which is why I find you suggesting they advertise something that doesn't (yet) exist baffling.

It does exist as some WotC moderation aides has used it as well as others, and allegedly will be available for beta to DDI subscribers prior to the end of the month.

That is why I left its "existence" in the air to prevent a discussion about DDI tools being vaporware and such as that has been about 6 months worth of that already.

It does exist, but whether it will be made for public use is TBA.

Kalnaur

First Post
I know I know, I'm necro-posting, but I only have issue really with one thing that has been posted in this entire thread up to this point: Who doesn't have a computer with the system specs to run at least the demo version of the Character Builder? Because you need to get with the 21st century if you can't run that thing. Sure it's been a while since the starter set came out, but hey, anyone (say, me) who has more recently been attracted to the 4th edition of this game system would be happy for some tiles, dice and tokens. And though I have the base set of books, I'm going to get the starter set just for these things. And I plan on using that totally accessible character generator. Because I am a 29 year old video game geek getting into this vast world, and I am most likely in the group that WotC are really aiming these products at.

I'm just sayin'.

RFisher

Explorer
I know I know, I'm necro-posting, but I only have issue really with one thing that has been posted in this entire thread up to this point: Who doesn't have a computer with the system specs to run at least the demo version of the Character Builder? Because you need to get with the 21st century if you can't run that thing. Sure it's been a while since the starter set came out, but hey, anyone (say, me) who has more recently been attracted to the 4th edition of this game system would be happy for some tiles, dice and tokens. And though I have the base set of books, I'm going to get the starter set just for these things. And I plan on using that totally accessible character generator. Because I am a 29 year old video game geek getting into this vast world, and I am most likely in the group that WotC are really aiming these products at.

I'm just sayin'.

Why should D&D—even an intro set—especially an intro set—require Microsoft Windows? Besides, much of the appeal of face-to-face RPGs for many is that they let us get away from the 21st century for a bit.

I’m just saying’.

Remove ads