[GR PR] Green Ronin to Publish a Song of Ice and Fire RPG

Henry

Autoexreginated
Steve, you'd better not answer that, or the gaming public at large will ensure you don't get any sleep until 2008... ;)

Glad to hear Green Ronin picking up another license. I'm sure there's a ton of interest in a system that will give the books the best treatment they can give...

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Zaukrie said:
WOW! I hope the new system is at least similar enough that it isn't too hard to learn. Probably a good idea not to base anything on the SRD these days....
Why? The OGL is forever. And non-D&D games derived from D20 can stand or fall on their own. Mutants & Masterminds succeeds on its own merits, not because someone could theoretically have a dragon show up in Metropolis.

Mike D.

First Post
I am very excited about this, I love the True 20 system and the M&M system too. It is great to see such a quality company with this license. I can't wait to see it!

--Mike D.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
As my edit to the post stated, I don't understand the OGL and the license, but I thought my implied point that anything closely tied to anything that WotC owns is probably not safe at this time. It seems fairly clear that they are planning something, and want to own all their IP at this point.

But, that really has nothing to do with my excitement for this. OtOH, I didn't buy the awesome product from the last company (though that was partly due to my belief that GoO wouldn't survive, and I didn't want to invest in a one shot).

Kenson

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Mutants & Masterminds succeeds on its own merits, not because someone could theoretically have a dragon show up in Metropolis.
Although that is fun to do, too... :)

Ranger REG

Explorer
Please don't give us yet another new rulesystem?

I don't care if you have to stretch and pull True20 rules, but it's best to stick with what's best for your company.

Enforcer

Explorer
I haven't played True20 (but have played Mutants and Masterminds 2e), so I'm curious if it's lethal enough for A Song of Ice and Fire.

Enforcer

Explorer
Everyone. Nobody has any sort of script immunity in the novels, I'm wondering if True20 can handle that (assuming that's what they go with).

Urizen

First Post
I personally think having toughness saves and the condition track in True20 would make perfect sense for a campaign book set in the A Song of Ice and Fire universe.

Anyone with a weapon is a potential threat in this system. What interests me more is how adepts (actually spell casters in general) will fit into the setting, given that_at present_ the world is pretty low magic.

Obviously this is beginning to change at the end of A Feast for Crows, so it makes me wonder if a system reflecting a gradual (or not-so-gradual) increase in magic might be an interesting way of handling the events taking place on the world of Westeros.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases