• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Grants

Stone Angel

First Post
OK I have stayed up late tonight, figuring up a new business plan, some marketing strategies, and costs, capitol, investements and such for a new enterprise I am attempting to undertake.

My main problem as it with most entrepenours is start up capitol. So does anyone have experience with grant writing and such? Are there actuall grant writing services? I would really appreciate some candid and experience advice on this thank you.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

Stone Angel

First Post
Right now it will be a snow removal business, I am not sure what other services I will provide.

I really hoped to get more replies than a question and a post count driven post lol. Such is life, even though I have a possible solution to my money probelem.

The Seraph of Earth and Stone

tarchon

First Post
Stone Angel said:
Right now it will be a snow removal business, I am not sure what other services I will provide.

I really hoped to get more replies than a question and a post count driven post lol. Such is life, even though I have a possible solution to my money probelem.
Well, there's pretty big difference between "how do I get grants to develop a cure for cancer?" and "how do I get grants to start a snow removal business?"
For that, I'd say if you don't belong to a "socially or historically disadvantaged class," grants aren't really going to be what you should look for, and even with the minority thing going on, snow removal's going to be a hard sell, unless you're doing something really spectacularly novel.
Small business loan sounds like the most straightforward route. Good luck!

Remove ads