log in or register to remove this ad

 

D&D 5E Greenmtn's Planescape Game IC

mike peabody

First Post
"I thank you for the examination. You really are a good sport. And handsome!"

Lex points with marked accuracy toward a location just outside of eyeshot, down the street from the Hall of Records.

"I make a recommendation that we visit the Black Wind Tavern. I noticed they received a delivery of fresh produce, exactly 7.4 standard hours ago, and that would be amenable to your herbivorous diet. There were many tubers."

*Starts walking in that direction*
 

log in or register to remove this ad

Deus Machina

First Post
(Sorry for delays! I've had family-related projects going.)

Leau blinks again, first at the back of Lex's 'head' and then in the direction where he's pointing. This day has been something altogether new to him. "Oh. Well, that's a good change. Everywhere else seems to get them already soft, or fries them in, like, lard. Count me in."
He follows to walk in time beside the modron; at least he's learning to walk without bumping into so many buildings and carts and so very many people.
"So, what was that about walking quiet?"
 

mike peabody

First Post
"I am impressed that you recalled that small detail! That is why I never underestimate an organic lifeform"

*Turns and gives you a winning grin and a thumbs-up, the resumes course to tavern*

"The Black Wind Tavern has a standing policy of complete silence within the confines of its service area. We cannot speak or produce intentional or incidental sound while we are within the building. Fortunately, magical provisions are in place to constrain sounds, to a notable degree. I had deduced from the fact that you are a lone bariaur that you are somewhat asocial, given your species' herd behavior and social structure. Also, one of the color imprints in your wool is similar to an old bariaur ideogram for "nomad" or "alone." Though I cannot speak your language, its alphabet shares some history with giants and futharc, an old rune-tongue. Lastly, your posture has certain indicators of defensiveness and uncertainty, which I took to mean you were probably not a regular visitor to Sigil, or to any civilization, for that matter. The tavern is quiet, non-discriminatory, and likely well below peak business at this time of the day. I predict that a calm environment, with warm, mildly-caffeinated beverage and food familiar to your palate will help your situation and mine, when the time comes to propose to you my plan for generating funds."
 

blaststeel

Explorer
..... reality check people, does this add up correctly? because if it does this is likely ASHIR last good roll. and even if i have the expertise miss calculated this is kinda a really good roll. The current time is: 2018-01-04 03:51:34
To link to this roll, use the following URL:
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=192767
To link on forums supporting bbcodes use:
investigation is expertise with a +3 already for ASHIR which is doubled to plus 6: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=192767.....
 

mike peabody

First Post
*Walks alongside Leau, making observations and being very pleasant, if chatty*

"I wonder what that lillend and the large human are discussing. Do you suppose they are appreciating the dabus' structural engineering? It may be that they enjoy the finer points of exterior plastering, as do I. I am tempted to ask but I do not wish to delay our date. What a trouble! Caught between satisfying curiosity and fulfilling one's plans. Such a grand thing, this life of ours! I had calculated a 77.84% chance of having a wonderful day, this morning, and so far the trajectory of that assessment remains within standard range of deviation. Also, before we are forbidden to speak, what is your name and may I touch your wooly coat?"
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Sigil

[sblock=Leau and Lex]
You can see in front of you the street opening into a larger area that Lex knows as Farrier Court and to the right is your destination, marked by an old wooden sign with the words "Black Winds" carved into it. As you turn to enter the building out of nowhere a large hand and set of lips appear one coming in marvelous fashion from each side of the sign before coming together the lips of the mouth closed, the hand holding one finger up in front of the lips in a "be quite" gesture. After what Lex calculates to be 3.5 seconds of holding this the illusion fades to nothing.[/sblock]


[sblock=Ashir and Ezra]
The perfect balance of strength and sweetness of the drink is blissful as you drink it. Barkis leaves some parting workds. "Like I said the Dusties might be able to help you, the Hardheads won't come to this Ward." Then makes his way down the bar "Hey, Hey, Moachi you owe me some jink before you walk outta here!" The hustle and bustle of the bar continues. Ashir moves his head around finding that it is nothing natural and seems to be getting worse the longer he stays here.[/sblock]
 

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau's starting to get used to the new traveling partner, some noise to focus on among the buzz of the city. He waits for a pause before he decides it best to answer in kind and takes a deep breath.
"I'm used to scouting away from the tribe and am gone from it now but not abandoning it, I'm used to villages and Sigil is just so busy, food and tea sounds wonderful right now, and I guess the plaster is pleasant but I'm not judge." He pauses, catching his breath. "And just this once."
He pushes his braids back between horns, staring at the sign. "I thought magic was hard. Seems like a waste of effort."
 

mike peabody

First Post
"I was largely correct in my assessments. That is great!"

*Gently strokes and fingers wool."

Lex mimes the illusion while smiling at Leau. Then he giggles and enters
 

blaststeel

Explorer
Ashir is thrilled at the good fortune. He says to Esra,“I think you are just my kinda crazy Friend.” He takes a sip “still Barkis is right on both accounts. Lowlives who collect bodies before the vermin get their fill... there might be something but what ….what's your angle and you got a buyer lined up or still trolling for suckers? And if so what for?” Turning to eye the crowd. “you actually going to go looking to chase death on the streets?” Looking at Esra while avoiding to much eavesdropping by others he says.
“ I wouldn't wager to much on a good bit of history when it not going to change the future.” Ashir not as interested in Barkis eye as he sure Barkis knows how to sum up a good story. Ashir is however wondering what a reasonable bribe. Barkis is not liable to catch much heat for giving a name of a dusty and Ashir can likely locate one promptly within the hive but not as quickly without a name. Even finding one doesn’t mean they are gonna talk. Ashir says,
“ run into enough stubborn fools to know that a good name might be worth its weight… More importantly, what good finding out gonna do if nobody pays for the information? Or does anything with the news? And with no hardheads it a free marketplace."
Ashir is no longer nodding his head. Meanwhile Ashir feels like there are pains in my head which require me to go elsewhere in this lovely city. Where I do not know but he not ready to give up the good fortune and fine drink just yet.
 

mike peabody

First Post
*Lex smiles at patrons, waves, points, gives thumbs-up to pretty much everything, all while remaining silent.*

Lex enjoys the challenge of ordering tea and tubers using hand signals but after a while does draw his scribe tools and produce notes. He makes one up and shows it to Leau, which reads, "WOULD YOU LIKE MILK OR HONEY? ALSO, ARE YOU ILLITERATE? I SHOULD HAVE ASKED BEFORE I STARTED PRODUCING NOTES."
 

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau finds it considerably more difficult to communicate without speech, bariaur being as they are. Eventually he settles into watching Lex with rising amusement, twisting a braid absently. He even opens his mouth a couple times but catches himself, even when he produces the note. He reads it, quirks a brow, but seems more amused than offended. Rather than try his hand at pantomiming--mindful of the extra limbs relative to most of the patrons--he plucks the pen from from the modron.
"Honey please. I read three languages thank you." His writing contains some odd angles and curves when it's done hastily, like habits of one language may intrude on another, and blotches where he hastily corrects his spelling. But it ends admirably for a nomad.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Taverns

[sblock=Black Wind]
To enter the building you need to go through two doors, when opening the first you might find it amusing that the door creaks slightly as it is opened. The second however is completely silent, as is everything beyond, even Leau's feet seem to to fall silently on the floor. Patrons barely notice you as you enter or find a table. A serving girl on seeing you rushes into another room, returning momentarily with an oddly shaped bulky pillow, replacing a chair at a table with it. She stands there watching intently as Lex tries to communicate without words as if trying to judge his level of frustration while placing a piece of leather parchment on the table in front of Leau. It seems to be a menu done completely in pictures, signs of old options being scraped off and new ones added over them are everywhere. It's a limited menu but both of you are able to find something you would like.

As you look around the place is small, warm and inviting despite almost creepy silence. Few patrons are here at the moment, A broad shouldered Dwarf wearing the colors of the Signers who makes eye contact with you and smiles invitingly as you enter, a few official looking older men reading over some books, two dark skinned Elves signing back and forth over cups of a red liquid and a woman, painted and dressed brightly with the sign of the Sensates on the front of her robes dancing to nonexistant music.[/sblock]

[sblock=Smoldering Corpse]
Barkis attends to another customer before returning to address Ashir in a business like manor. Friendly but brief. "Don't know many Dusties by name, give me the creeps. Tend to hang out at the Gather Dust, but you can find them trying to buy poor sods anywhere here in the Hive, closer you get to the Mortuary the thicker they swarm."
[/sblock]
 


Breeyark

First Post
Ezra seems lost in thought, squinting while he tries to run some sort of figure in his head. Smoke streams up from his hand as his handrolled smoulders and ashes on the bar. The smell of the smoke adds to the medley of pungent odours of the bar. He somewhat comes to when Ashir addresses him directly, but stays quiet until Barkis returns, perhaps biding his time, or more oddly for him, biding his tongue.

After Barkis responds and seems to move on with his duties Ezra seems to fully come to, taking a drag and exhaling smoke sharply, and says to Ashir,

“Right, well it seems we have some bodies to creep for. Think we can take his advice outright, or do ya think he has a penchant for getting wet customers cut behind the ears?” Ezra pauses as he seems to consider this mixed metaphor, and seems to decide it works with a subtle, self-satisfied nod.
 

Breeyark

First Post
Ezra seems lost in thought, squinting while he tries to run some sort of figure in his head. Smoke streams up from his hand as his handrolled smoulders and ashes on the bar. The smell of the smoke adds to the medley of pungent odours of the bar. He somewhat comes to when Ashir addresses him directly, but stays quiet until Barkis returns, perhaps biding his time, or more oddly for him, biding his tongue.

After Barkis responds and seems to move on with his duties Ezra seems to fully come to, taking a drag and exhaling smoke sharply, and says to Ashir,

“Right, well it seems we have some bodies to creep for. Think we can take his advice outright, or do ya think he has a penchant for getting wet customers cut behind the ears?” Ezra pauses as he seems to consider this mixed metaphor, and seems to decide it works with a subtle, self-satisfied nod.
 

mike peabody

First Post
Lex watches Leau intently, smiling. Lex doesn't really know when people are done eating and drinking so most of his time spent dining with people is just a lot of guesswork. There are tells but Lex doesn't really know bariaur well enough to be certain.

*Produces a note from under the table which says, 'PLEASE DON'T RUSH BUT LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE READY TO TELL ME HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT ZOMBIES."
 

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau takes a good few minutes before he's shoveled enough into his mouth that he's not starving any more. He'll be craving something green and maybe some berries after, but something aside bread and his own dried rations will improve his stomach for now.
His eating has slowed, but he's still chewing and sipping at tea when he cocks his head at the note. His tail twitches, with a motion that may suggest a grunt.
"Not exactly on speaking terms with them."
 



blaststeel

Explorer
After Ezra speaks to Ashir it takes him a bit to consider his response sipping on the drink. “we can take his advice outright. Dead customer buy no more drinks.” Humorous smug with the accuracy of Ezra statements Ashir waits until no one within easedropping to say. "Do we have some bodies to creep for? I suppose so." he says with definitive resolve. Considering that all he will earn is some free drink and a warm establishment to return to Ashir figures wondering around the streets with Ezra stands a better shot than alone. "Going to run into trouble sooner or later. might as well head into the storm."
Considering Ezra again Ashir says. "How we gonna do this? Just look for people collecting the dead on the street as the two of us and ask them or we got a better plan?" Ashir gets a smirk on his face just thinking about how vague that is while holding the cup. Thinking out loud between the two of them Ashir speaks mumbling a bit "The mortuary has a better chance of an answer but larger groups and more chance of our wet ears cut off. Still, any street going to have it up and down." Not pleased with the idea of leaving the warm bar Ashir still gets ready to go by putting on his ample cloak with a hood on and tighting his boots. Adjusting his belt with shortsword and belt pouch. Tucking the sword higher up under the cloak. After doing so he leans heavily upon the bar, looks at Ezra and says. "I been meaning to see more of this city. Shall we two humble travelers have a walk about these fine streets. Maybe see another bar even?" (Ashir thinking at the very least he will see more with a person than without and he figures if Ezra doesn't go with him he will head out walk for a bit and then follow the humming in his head.)
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top