log in or register to remove this ad

 

D&D 5E Greenmtn's Planescape Game IC


log in or register to remove this ad

Breeyark

First Post
Ezra stands and adjusts his coat. He seems to spend a great deal of consideration on how his coat collar is sitting. Not flat, but not obviously raised. After three attempts, he moves his hands slowly away from his collar and looks at Ashir with a “is this good?” smile, followed by a “yeah, it’s good” grin.

“Got to look my best for the unknown road. So...” he says eyeing Ashir’s gear “you the muscle of our forming partnership?”

He maneuvers around the barstool and motions with a tilted, open hand for Ashir to lead the way out of the bar.
 


mike peabody

First Post
*Produces a new note*

"HOW ABOUT WE DON'T PURSUE ANY ZOMBIES AND INSTEAD GO LOOKING FOR SOMEONE IN THE HIVE? THAT WAY, WE WON'T FIND ZOMBIES ON PURPOSE BUT IF WE DO ENCOUNTER THEM COINCIDENTALLY, WE WILL HAVE AT LEAST MADE UP OUR MINDS ABOUT THEM. ALSO, IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF SOMETHING, PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM COMPLETELY AVAILABLE FOR YOUR NEEDS, IN ANY CAPACITY. I AM ALWAYS READY TO BE A GOOD FRIEND AND YOU CAN COUNT ON ME WHEN YOU FEEL UNCERTAIN."

This takes place on a single piece of paper and in small script. If Leau appears to have trouble reading it, Lex extends his magnifying glass attachment outward for his use.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Taverns

[sblock=Smoldering Corpse]
As you walk out into the hive you are greeted with a dark, rainy day. A sharp contrast to the warm and dry bar you just left. The Hive sprawls around, surrounding you in a gray warren of run down buildings, filthy streets and desperate people. The cold drizzle has driven many off the street but a few bubbers stumble about or sleep against condemned buildings. Windows glow faintly from the red cook fires within and in some haggard faces can be seen peering at you, disappearing into the buildings any time you make eye contact.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Black Wind]The vegetables are tasty, more peppery than you might have liked but surprisingly fresh. The Drows finish their drinks and leave the tavern as silent as everything else.[/sblock]
 

Breeyark

First Post
Ezra moves out of the bar with a slow determination, examining his surroundings quickly and subtly. He does so with the hopes of appearing like he’s not looking over his shoulder or who is around the corner.

As he looks, he catches a raindrop on the end of his smoke and hears the hiss of the cinder extinguishing. Ezra swears in some obscure, very foreign tongue, drops the ruined butt into the street and pops his collar to ward off the rain.
 


blaststeel

Explorer
Ashir happy to have a friendly face for a damp day response. "Aye, I be the muscle for hauling us out into this muck." Ashir feels much like the smoldering damp ashes and similarly enjoys Ezra grumbling curses about the rain.
 

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau has to lift the paper close, but doesn't need the glass. His eyes are sharp as any bariaur's when he's paying attention. He flips the paper over, or finds space at the bottom.
"Agreed. I don't have anything more pressing. Accidental zombies are better than int en tional ones."
His eyes dart to the drow, but probably more from the motion and light of the door opening.
"Of the modron I've met you are" A very brief pause. "friendly."
Properly descriptive. He reflects that he should perhaps focus on his writing more.
 


Greenmtn

Explorer
Sigil

[sblock=the Hive]
You are walking down a straight, wide street. It’s still cold, and
the rain is coming down in gray sheets. Ahead of you a tall, red-haired man in a battered, brown waistcoat appears, reeling
and bounding out of a side street. His long limbs jig up and down like
drunken spiders. As he approaches, you hear him puttering under his breath, “Baphomet, Pazrael, Fraz Urblu . . . Juiblex. . . Laogzed, of course, Laogized . . . Zuggtmoy!” The Dancing Man suddenly stops and begins screaming, “I tell you, I’ve seen, I’ve seen! The flies take your mind!” After his outburst, the man starts chanting names again and lurches away from you. [/sblock]

[sblock=Clerks Ward]
As you exit the tavern the noises of the city hit you like thunder after the extend period of silence. It's almost enough to make you want to go back in right away. Rain has started and there is a chill in the air.
[sblock=Lex]]It's up to you where you go and how you get there. Lex seems to be leading the way. There is the feeling in his head he can follow or he can go to the Hive as directed. The Hive is a long walk. But there are sedan chairs (2cp/mile), Acadian Pony carts (18cp/mile including apple sweeper) and Sky coaches (10sp/mile) are all available. The only ones that will bring you into the Hive (and the quickest option) are Sky coaches. But either of the others will bring you to the edges of the Hive. Any of these can be found within this courtyard area you are currently in[/sblock][/sblock]
 

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau is slow to stand from that cushion--really, such a simple luxury--but does, to follow. He sets coins on the table on the way, careful to be silent despite the apparently magical aid there. And then winces as soon as he's past the threshold and sound rushes back in. He has to glance around and gather his bearings again for the crowd before pulling his hood up against the rain and drowning out the susurration of the crowd with a low rhythmic humming.
 


blaststeel

Explorer
"Your intuition going to get us wet. Let find a few poor snots who might know what is what." Nobody easedropping so tell me what your really after while we walk towards...the mortuary" He shrugs his shoulder up and down towards Esra. " I all for intiution but we need a better plan so you talk and I will listen." With less volume or carefree and happy joy of speech of Izra. Ashir is taking in the sights like the most lowly and despicable type of people. He is lower than the other rogues and cutthroats in similar professions. He the tourist newly off the boat. He scans the crowds and buildings peering down side streets and at every passing object and doorway. He moves slower than he could and seems only somewhat agitated at the weather at first. As he looks about more he becomes more and more occupied with the sights and where he steps than anything else.
 



Deus Machina

First Post
Leau shrugs a shoulder. "Well, my intuition brought me here. Aside from remembering to keep attention to my purse, I think you're the least confusing thing here. Surprisingly." He has to adjust his cloak; hoods just don't really agree with horns. "Figure a friendly modron will be helpful, and if I can help out in return... zombies probably wouldn't be the worst thing in the city."
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Sigil

[sblock=The Hive]The man continues his chant as he bounds away and down an alleyway“Baphomet, Pazrael, Fraz Urblu, Juiblex, Laogzed, Zuggtmoy, Baph- Wha! NO! Get away! The Flies! - Urkh! and then silence, the only sound remaining is that of the rain coming down[/sblock]

OOC: Holding off on those of you in the clerks ward until you declare where you are going and how you want to try to get there. Blasteel sent me a message letting me know he will likely be out of touch for a week or two so I'll just treat him as an NPC until he returns.
 


mike peabody

First Post
*Heads down alleyway where Crazy Dave vanished*

url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=194606]Investigation: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
[/url

"A-ha!"
 

Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top