D&D 5E Greenmtn's Planescape Game IC

mike peabody

First Post
"I thank you for the examination. You really are a good sport. And handsome!"

Lex points with marked accuracy toward a location just outside of eyeshot, down the street from the Hall of Records.

"I make a recommendation that we visit the Black Wind Tavern. I noticed they received a delivery of fresh produce, exactly 7.4 standard hours ago, and that would be amenable to your herbivorous diet. There were many tubers."

*Starts walking in that direction*

Deus Machina

First Post
(Sorry for delays! I've had family-related projects going.)

Leau blinks again, first at the back of Lex's 'head' and then in the direction where he's pointing. This day has been something altogether new to him. "Oh. Well, that's a good change. Everywhere else seems to get them already soft, or fries them in, like, lard. Count me in."
He follows to walk in time beside the modron; at least he's learning to walk without bumping into so many buildings and carts and so very many people.
"So, what was that about walking quiet?"

mike peabody

First Post
"I am impressed that you recalled that small detail! That is why I never underestimate an organic lifeform"

*Turns and gives you a winning grin and a thumbs-up, the resumes course to tavern*

"The Black Wind Tavern has a standing policy of complete silence within the confines of its service area. We cannot speak or produce intentional or incidental sound while we are within the building. Fortunately, magical provisions are in place to constrain sounds, to a notable degree. I had deduced from the fact that you are a lone bariaur that you are somewhat asocial, given your species' herd behavior and social structure. Also, one of the color imprints in your wool is similar to an old bariaur ideogram for "nomad" or "alone." Though I cannot speak your language, its alphabet shares some history with giants and futharc, an old rune-tongue. Lastly, your posture has certain indicators of defensiveness and uncertainty, which I took to mean you were probably not a regular visitor to Sigil, or to any civilization, for that matter. The tavern is quiet, non-discriminatory, and likely well below peak business at this time of the day. I predict that a calm environment, with warm, mildly-caffeinated beverage and food familiar to your palate will help your situation and mine, when the time comes to propose to you my plan for generating funds."

blaststeel

Explorer
..... reality check people, does this add up correctly? because if it does this is likely ASHIR last good roll. and even if i have the expertise miss calculated this is kinda a really good roll. The current time is: 2018-01-04 03:51:34
To link to this roll, use the following URL:
http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=192767
To link on forums supporting bbcodes use:
investigation is expertise with a +3 already for ASHIR which is doubled to plus 6: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=192767.....

mike peabody

First Post
*Walks alongside Leau, making observations and being very pleasant, if chatty*

"I wonder what that lillend and the large human are discussing. Do you suppose they are appreciating the dabus' structural engineering? It may be that they enjoy the finer points of exterior plastering, as do I. I am tempted to ask but I do not wish to delay our date. What a trouble! Caught between satisfying curiosity and fulfilling one's plans. Such a grand thing, this life of ours! I had calculated a 77.84% chance of having a wonderful day, this morning, and so far the trajectory of that assessment remains within standard range of deviation. Also, before we are forbidden to speak, what is your name and may I touch your wooly coat?"

Greenmtn

Explorer
Sigil

[sblock=Leau and Lex]
You can see in front of you the street opening into a larger area that Lex knows as Farrier Court and to the right is your destination, marked by an old wooden sign with the words "Black Winds" carved into it. As you turn to enter the building out of nowhere a large hand and set of lips appear one coming in marvelous fashion from each side of the sign before coming together the lips of the mouth closed, the hand holding one finger up in front of the lips in a "be quite" gesture. After what Lex calculates to be 3.5 seconds of holding this the illusion fades to nothing.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ashir and Ezra]
The perfect balance of strength and sweetness of the drink is blissful as you drink it. Barkis leaves some parting workds. "Like I said the Dusties might be able to help you, the Hardheads won't come to this Ward." Then makes his way down the bar "Hey, Hey, Moachi you owe me some jink before you walk outta here!" The hustle and bustle of the bar continues. Ashir moves his head around finding that it is nothing natural and seems to be getting worse the longer he stays here.[/sblock]

Deus Machina

First Post
Leau's starting to get used to the new traveling partner, some noise to focus on among the buzz of the city. He waits for a pause before he decides it best to answer in kind and takes a deep breath.
"I'm used to scouting away from the tribe and am gone from it now but not abandoning it, I'm used to villages and Sigil is just so busy, food and tea sounds wonderful right now, and I guess the plaster is pleasant but I'm not judge." He pauses, catching his breath. "And just this once."
He pushes his braids back between horns, staring at the sign. "I thought magic was hard. Seems like a waste of effort."

mike peabody

First Post
"I was largely correct in my assessments. That is great!"

*Gently strokes and fingers wool."

Lex mimes the illusion while smiling at Leau. Then he giggles and enters

blaststeel

Explorer
Ashir is thrilled at the good fortune. He says to Esra,“I think you are just my kinda crazy Friend.” He takes a sip “still Barkis is right on both accounts. Lowlives who collect bodies before the vermin get their fill... there might be something but what ….what's your angle and you got a buyer lined up or still trolling for suckers? And if so what for?” Turning to eye the crowd. “you actually going to go looking to chase death on the streets?” Looking at Esra while avoiding to much eavesdropping by others he says.
“ I wouldn't wager to much on a good bit of history when it not going to change the future.” Ashir not as interested in Barkis eye as he sure Barkis knows how to sum up a good story. Ashir is however wondering what a reasonable bribe. Barkis is not liable to catch much heat for giving a name of a dusty and Ashir can likely locate one promptly within the hive but not as quickly without a name. Even finding one doesn’t mean they are gonna talk. Ashir says,
“ run into enough stubborn fools to know that a good name might be worth its weight… More importantly, what good finding out gonna do if nobody pays for the information? Or does anything with the news? And with no hardheads it a free marketplace."
Ashir is no longer nodding his head. Meanwhile Ashir feels like there are pains in my head which require me to go elsewhere in this lovely city. Where I do not know but he not ready to give up the good fortune and fine drink just yet.

mike peabody

First Post
*Lex smiles at patrons, waves, points, gives thumbs-up to pretty much everything, all while remaining silent.*

Lex enjoys the challenge of ordering tea and tubers using hand signals but after a while does draw his scribe tools and produce notes. He makes one up and shows it to Leau, which reads, "WOULD YOU LIKE MILK OR HONEY? ALSO, ARE YOU ILLITERATE? I SHOULD HAVE ASKED BEFORE I STARTED PRODUCING NOTES."

Remove ads